This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there any point having ray tracing on with a 1080p monitor?

User Info: The Sock

The Sock
4 weeks ago#1
I figure ray tracing can be a lot more easily noticed while playing with a 4K monitor, because for the games that I try using it on with my current 1080P monitor, I really don't notice any difference between having it on or off.
#BLM
Conglaturation!!! You have completed a great game. And prooved the justice of our culture. Now go and rest our heroes!

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
4 weeks ago#2
I'm failing to understand what resolution has to do with the way lighting is handled.
Criticize all forms of bigotry, but don't enable the malicious hate mob that promotes cancel culture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaHLd8de6nM

User Info: steve_madsci

steve_madsci
4 weeks ago#3
Raytraced reflections are blatantly obvious since they're either on or off. I usually don't notice subtle differences in lighting or shadow anyway

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#4
Voxwik posted...
I'm failing to understand what resolution has to do with the way lighting is handled.

Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Switch | Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: NeoMasamune

NeoMasamune
4 weeks ago#5
Control looks night and day different with Ray Tracing on and off at 1080P.

What game are you testing TC?
formerly known as Neo Vejiita
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there any point having ray tracing on with a 1080p monitor?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A