This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What do you want in the next elder scrolls/fallout?

User Info: Tymo97

Tymo97
1 week ago#1
I played Skyrim and put about 300 hours into it. And one thing I want is a better combat system. What about you?
PC/PS4/Switch | Ryzen 3900x 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR4 | HP EX920 2TB SSD | GeForce RTX 2070 8GB |

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
1 week ago#2
a better main storyline and VR support

PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
1 week ago#3
For Bethesda not to cater to casuals aka "iSh toO MuCh TO reeeiAADdd!"
Better writing for sense of urgency unlike FO4's story about an abducted son but the PC totally ok with doing unlimited radiant quests.
Better combat system, although it would take a real engine overhaul to do this and changing this drastically may take away that TES feel of the games. There are a lot of things they can go step back on though, like being able to make custom spells.

Their recent efforts have completely disillusioned me into thinking that they're going to fix these things though, so I'm not too excited for a new game. Besides, there aren't any total overhaul mods or fixes that Beth can rip off this generation, so the new TES/FO isn't going to be some big leap like with FO:Wanderer's edition -> FONV/4

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
1 week ago#4
Get rid of radiant quests. These games have waaaaay too much side nonsense as-is. We don't need infinite amounts of it.

Better writing.

Less clutter.

Better combat for Elder Scrolls (Fallout is okay as a FPS), but I don't know how it's possible to make first-person melee combat not complete s***, outside of going balls-to-the wall like Shadow Warrior 2 and/or RAGE 2.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
1 week ago#5
Like most people, I still enjoyed Skyrim despite the gimped magic system, consolized menus, and general dumbing down of the game. I wouldn't expect for a moment that the next Elder Scrolls game will have any notable enhancements to the combat system but I'll probably still enjoy that one as well. And since they love removing skills from the game as they "streamline" it for each iteration, they could even combine some of the schools of magic and some related skills like sneak and lockpicking and I'd be OK with that.

They're not going to go back to making players read. They probably aren't going to add back in the skills they've removed. I would even be somewhat surprised if they added back in custom magic. I fully expect that the next game will be even more dumbed down than the last. And it'll most likely have subpar combat. But I imagine it'll have above-average worldbuilding and a lot of places to explore and items to loot and minor errands to run. Just like Skyrim, it'll probably be a pretty decent adventure when all's said and done despite a thousand glaring flaws.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
1 week ago#6
I want another guard to tell me about his knee ect...also bring back imperial guard VA from Oblivion.
What is freedom?

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
1 week ago#7
https://i.imgtc.ws/vZ3N7Sx.jpg

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 week ago#8
Give the license to a company that's actually competent and base it on an engine that isn't s***.
And besides, this isn't my sword...

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
1 week ago#9
mod support.

Orestes417 posted...
Give the license to a company that's actually competent and base it on an engine that isn't s***.

whole point of the engine is its easy as f*** to mod, dont change it up now.
People die when they are killed.
Quando il gioco e finito, il re e il pedone vanno nella stessa scatola

User Info: Pokenub

Pokenub
1 week ago#10
Orestes417 posted...

monkmith posted...
mod support.

Orestes417 posted...

whole point of the engine is its easy as f*** to mod, dont change it up now.

What decent mods have fallout 4 got?

As Orestes said, give the series to someone else, bethesda don't deserve it anymore.

If The Outer Worlds weren't an epic exclusive, it would have been a day one purchase (Obsidians new game, the ones behind New Vegas). I'll wait to see how that does, but my suggestion would be to give the series to them. They made a great game with New Vegas, the best game in the fallout series to date. F2 comes close.
The cat goes meow, the pig goes oink, the dog goes Eeedddwaaarrddd..
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What do you want in the next elder scrolls/fallout?
  • Topic Archived