This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you shut down, sleep or leave your PC on?

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
1 month ago#11
monkmith posted...
shut down. why leave it on, in any state, when not in use for extended periods? with an ssd it takes around 30s to start up.

What mobo are you using? 30s is quite long for a bootup from SSD
twitch.tv/nathanmg

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#12
I leave it on.

User Info: Letron_James

Letron_James
1 month ago#13
Turn off.

Only takes like 15ish second to boot and be in Windows and it saves a lot of money in electricity over time.
Ask me if I would eat da booty.

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
1 month ago#14
Sleep. My comp is a laptop, so I just close the lid.
So I carry the torch to Inferno! Inferno!
i7-9700k | RTX 2070 | 16GB RAM | 2.25 TB SSD + 1TB HDD

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
1 month ago#15
Nathanmg posted...
monkmith posted...
shut down. why leave it on, in any state, when not in use for extended periods? with an ssd it takes around 30s to start up.

What mobo are you using? 30s is quite long for a bootup from SSD

not sure off the top of my head (asus p8something with an overclocked 2500k), know its not the problem though. got an old drive that is causing the slowdown. doesn't really change much.
People die when they are killed.
Quando il gioco e finito, il re e il pedone vanno nella stessa scatola

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
1 month ago#16
Leaving it on. Sleep has always been too unreliable.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: Aries42088

Aries42088
1 month ago#17
I just leave it on.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#18
Aries42088 posted...
I just leave it on.
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: enderall

enderall
1 month ago#19
Just shut it down. In any case, only with prebuilts you can call if something goes wrong...
Ryzen 5 2600, GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 480 8GB WINDFORCE, 2x8 GB Ripjaws RAM 3200 Mhz, EVGA 600w White PSU, Adata SSD SU650 240 GB , Riotoro CR 480, ASUS B450 Prime A

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
1 month ago#20
I used to put it in sleep mode, but I think a recent Windows update messed it up, cause now my PC will turn itself on after a minute or so in sleep mode.

It was the update that said you had to update to stay in support for the April 2018 build or something like that. After ignoring it for a few days, it finally forced me to update and that's when the sleep issue started.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you shut down, sleep or leave your PC on?
  • Topic Archived