This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it safe to leave my PC on for a few days?

User Info: WebsandWigs

WebsandWigs
4 weeks ago#1
Im going to be out of town for a few days and I forgot I left my PC on cuz I was downloading something. I turned off sleep mode so its going to be full power on, too. Will it be ok? Be about 4-5 days
Hi

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#2
Yes, it will be fine. I leave my PC on for...uh, I don't actually turn it off. Last time I did was because I restarted for an update. Outside of that, unless the power goes off or something, I don't turn off the PC. I just turn off my monitors, at most.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: WebsandWigs

WebsandWigs
4 weeks ago#3
vlado_e posted...
Yes, it will be fine. I leave my PC on for...uh, I don't actually turn it off. Last time I did was because I restarted for an update. Outside of that, unless the power goes off or something, I don't turn off the PC. I just turn off my monitors, at most.

Not even put it in sleep mode?
Hi

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#4
WebsandWigs posted...
Not even put it in sleep mode?
Nope. I leave my PC downloading or uploading stuff as well as sorting my email, so I don't sleep it. As I said, I only turn off the monitors. And even that's just because for some reason they sometimes decide to wake up randomly and other times they refuse to go into low power mode.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
4 weeks ago#5
I mean, people do leave them on without issue, but personally I really don't like leaving electronics on when I'm out, even if it's for 30 minutes. If I'm away for a few days, then the plugs come out of the sockets.

I'm probably just paranoid though. It'll probably be fine, I just wouldn't go making a habit of it.
Trump is the greatest president!
Deliver Brexit!

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
4 weeks ago#6
I leave mine on 24/7. I only reboot when she tells me she needs to be rebooted or if I think it will fix some issue I'm having with an application. As long as there are no lightning storms in the area, it should be fine. If I were leaving for a few days I would have unplugged it completely, just to be safe.
Airtone - I Promise You (Hard) - Full Combo: https://youtu.be/pXXWzf3zBmA
Super Mario Maker 2 Creator ID: LML-3P5-T1H

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
4 weeks ago#7
I have never turned off my PC, ever. At most I'll restart to install an update.
I have lived to see Bolsonaro elected president of Brazil!! What a time to be alive!
Mirror of Kalandra drop - 7th of August 2018

User Info: Code 51 50

Code 51 50
4 weeks ago#8
WebsandWigs posted...
Im going to be out of town for a few days and I forgot I left my PC on cuz I was downloading something. I turned off sleep mode so its going to be full power on, too. Will it be ok? Be about 4-5 days

Well, my previous PC was on 24x7 for around 4 years and my home server I build 10 years ago has been running non-stop for, 10 years, I think you'll "ok" leaving your PC on for 4-5 days.
Orestes417 - "Do it essentially one handed all the time. Granted, I have had entirely too much practice."

User Info: Knifegash

Knifegash
4 weeks ago#9
The eerie silence when my computer is off gives me anxiety.
Isn't that right, Zach?
http://tinyurl.com/5vsjbj6

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
4 weeks ago#10
mines been on for 18 days now. probably would be a hell of alot longer but we had a power outage. ill only turn it off when i go to clean it or need to update windows or my gpu drivers. runs just fine without a hitch since the day i put it together.
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it safe to leave my PC on for a few days?
  • Topic Archived