This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is my PC future proof?

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#31
DarkZV2Beta posted...
no need to be jealous of my superior taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIjnmVkzOM4
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Switch | Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Dr_Mowinckel

Dr_Mowinckel
4 weeks ago#32
Soooo_not_good posted...
future proof?

Why is it so difficult for every dumbass on the block to comprehend that nothing technological will ever be "futureproof"?
Fade2black001 posted...
LOL BS and learn to do math. 75% of 200 is 50

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#33
Dragon Nexus posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
no need to be jealous of my superior taste

I thought you didn't like sarcasm.

why whatever could you mean
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: GM_

GM_
4 weeks ago#34
Dr_Mowinckel posted...
Why is it so difficult for every dumbass on the block to comprehend that nothing technological will ever be "futureproof"?

People don't imply the literal sense of "future proof" they are actually asking "Hey will this investment last me for the long-term?" usually wanting around 5 years out of their purchase. Which is completely reasonable to ask.

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
4 weeks ago#35
If all you want out of a "future-proof" PC is that it will still be kicking more than five years from now then get one of the better CPUs of your generation, make sure you have room to add more RAM later, get a mid-range graphics card, and be prepared to buy a new mid-range card four or five years later.

User Info: Dr_Mowinckel

Dr_Mowinckel
4 weeks ago#36
GM_ posted...
Dr_Mowinckel posted...

People don't imply the literal sense of "future proof" they are actually asking "Hey will this investment last me for the long-term?" usually wanting around 5 years out of their purchase. Which is completely reasonable to ask.

It is, but the phrasing is right up there with people saying "could care less" in terms of stupidity.
Fade2black001 posted...
LOL BS and learn to do math. 75% of 200 is 50

User Info: MrDude1

MrDude1
4 weeks ago#37
Upgrade the ssd
Ryzen 7 3700X CPU | GTX 1070 8 GB GPU | 16 GB RGB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1 TB NVMe | B450 Tomahawk mobo | 750W Platinum
Asus MX27AQ | Razer Ornata Chroma | Logi M570

User Info: Soooo_not_good

Soooo_not_good
4 weeks ago#38
GM_ posted...
This what I meant.Will it be enough to play Cyberpunk in 60 fps or higher?

User Info: MrDude1

MrDude1
4 weeks ago#39
Soooo_not_good posted...
GM_ posted...
This what I meant.Will it be enough to play Cyberpunk in 60 fps or higher?

You should wait for cyberpunk benchmarks
Ryzen 7 3700X CPU | GTX 1070 8 GB GPU | 16 GB RGB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1 TB NVMe | B450 Tomahawk mobo | 750W Platinum
Asus MX27AQ | Razer Ornata Chroma | Logi M570

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
4 weeks ago#40
GM_ posted...

It's still a pointless question to ask because nobody knows what the average specs of mainstream AAA games will require in 3-5 years... The PS5 should have a gpu more powerful than the 2070 and the next xbox will guaranteed. So no, the 2070 is not future proof..
Combo Master
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is my PC future proof?
  • Topic Archived