This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD was a mistake

User Info: fohstick

fohstick
3 weeks ago#1
My Vega 56 is crashing all of a sudden. I was playing a game (it's not even graphically intensive) and the screen turned black suddenly. After I rebooted the computer, nothing shows up after the window logo appears. Uninstalling the drivers in safe mode allows me to boot fine. But if I try to install the drivers again, even the older drivers, the screen turns black again.

User Info: NeoBillbine

NeoBillbine
3 weeks ago#2
I used the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 19.4.3 with an undervolt to 1.050v for 1572mhz. I kept getting white screens after wake from sleep with newer drivers This was on the Msi Vega 56 Air Boost.
Ryzen R9 3900x I NH-D15 I x570 Aorus Master I Hyperx 32GB I Msi 2070 Super X Trio I Sabrent Rocket 512GB ssd I 2X3TB Toshiba HDs I EVGA 1000G2 I NZXT H500

User Info: fohstick

fohstick
3 weeks ago#3
I have the same GPU. I'm just gonna RMA it

User Info: Zaltera

Zaltera
3 weeks ago#4
When in doubt, RMA it out.
Why is it that he can hit a 3rd baseman on a frozen rope from 300 feet away, but he can't hit a 12 foot tall catcher from 60 feet 6 inches away?
-Awesomeo_4000

User Info: TheBorderCollie

TheBorderCollie
3 weeks ago#5
That's the problem with AMD.

Yes, you can often buy their stuff cheaper...But you run a big risk of getting ripped off in the quality department.
I'm proud to acknowledge that unlike many on this site, I grow as a person and a gamer. Viewpoints change-especially after 3 years. http://imgur.com/VFDAFgN?r

User Info: Miu_san

Miu_san
3 weeks ago#6
I understood that reference

User Info: _Candice_

_Candice_
3 weeks ago#7
Did you even check system logs?

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
3 weeks ago#8
TheBorderCollie posted...

Yes, you can often buy their stuff cheaper...But you run a big risk of getting ripped off in the quality department.

you 're right Nvida never had an RMA claim before.

* colossal eye roll.
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

User Info: AppleBloom

AppleBloom
3 weeks ago#9
Lol, AMD is the best right now.

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
3 weeks ago#10
TheBorderCollie posted...

Their new CPU's seem pretty good. But yeah, I don't buy their defensive statement of it being normal for the GPU cores to get so hot in the 5700 XT and that it's only because of more precise measurement. They seem to draw more power than the RTX cards as well. No doubt they still get significantly hotter.

Basically, it's cheap, but there are various issues. If you intend to use your GPU for multiple years, it's best to just go for an Nvidia RTX card. If you intend to replace your GPU in a year or so, go for the 5700 XT.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD was a mistake
  • Topic Archived