This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Soundcard Audio Issue, how do you set it up?

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
3 weeks ago#1
I have the new AE-7 soundcard as well as Klipsch Promedia 2.1's and Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohm headphones. My question is how do I set this up so I don't have to unplug the Klipsh speakers every time I want to use my headphones and vice versa?

If the Klipsch is plugged into the back of the soundcard it works fine, the control module is also plugged into the soundcard and sits under my monitor. When I plug my headphones in though I get no sound unless I unplug the Klipsch from the back of the soundcard...

How can I have these all connected without having to remove a wire or plug in a wire? I was under the impression that connecting into the desktop control module would have disabled the sound to the Klipsch but that's not the case here.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 weeks ago#2
You plug your headphones into the headphone jack on the speakers...

How is that so difficult to figure out?
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: NeoBillbine

NeoBillbine
3 weeks ago#3
My Focusrite does it automatically when I turn down the volume on the one I'm not using. You can probably do it in the Creative control panel. Sorry, it has been a while since I've used an internal sound card.

My old Asus Xonar soundcard allowed the choosing of the output in the CP so yours should definitely have that option.
Ryzen R9 3900x I NH-D15 I x570 Aorus Master I Hyperx 32GB I Msi 2070 Super X Trio I Sabrent Rocket 512GB ssd I 2X3TB Toshiba HDs I EVGA 1000G2 I NZXT H500

MELENTIA
3 weeks ago#4
wildog2006 posted...
You plug your headphones into the headphone jack on the speakers...

How is that so difficult to figure out?

Wrong. The AE-7 Soundcard has a control module that sits on your desk. You plug your headphones into that, as well as your mic. It also has it's own volume control completely separate from Windows volume.
Check it out here...

https://d287ku8w5owj51.cloudfront.net/inline/products/23374/convenience_diag.jpg

This device is plugged into the soundcards Headphone/Mic jacks. While the Klipsch plugs into the Stereo jack.

MELENTIA
3 weeks ago#5
Nevermind I figured it out. The Creative software has a one click button to switch the output from headphones to speakers.... I just overlooked it. Haven't had a soundcard in over a decade, I just figured if I plugged the headphones into the control module it would automatically switch the signal to the headphones and what not. It's all in the software.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Soundcard Audio Issue, how do you set it up?
  • Topic Archived