This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do quality of sata cables matter or the cheapest ones from Amazon will do?

User Info: xtacb

xtacb
1 month ago#1
6.0 Gbps SATA Cable

does the brand, etc matter?
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?

User Info: Pox

Pox
1 month ago#2
The cheapest on Amazon will work just fine
Hokay so, here is ze Gamefaqs...

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#3
get the angled ones with the retention clip tho.
The Infamous...
Forever's gonna start tonight.

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
1 month ago#4
Not really, no. in this case a cable is a cable. Only difference between the "6Gbps" cables and the non are the retention clip. The cables are the same.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#5
I hate those stupid clips. It makes working with them a nightmare when removing them in tight places.

Killah Priest
1 month ago#6
I guess if you have sausage fingers, having the other ones constantly loosen just from gpu fan vibration makes the clip a must imo.
The Infamous...

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#7
I have never even once had one of those loosen, but I suppose it must happen. There's usually a "click" even without the clips for the cables I've used. Maybe they are half way there or something compared to loose ones.

I was talking about removing them though. Removing cables with clips that are stacked on top of each other from side-mounted inputs on the motherboard is the particular nightmare I'm thinking of, with each clip sandwiched between the case or between each other.

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
1 month ago#8
Yes, quality matters. I bought shielded diamond-core sata cables for ~$40 a piece, but the company that sells them is no longer around otherwise I'd give you a link :(
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: MacrossSpecial

MacrossSpecial
1 month ago#9
Killah Priest posted...
get the angled ones with the retention clip tho.

Totally agree considering a bunch of manufacturers are putting their sata slots on the edge of the board in recent years to save space, having the angled ones will will be good so you don't have to smash a straight one into a small area.
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll

Killah Priest
1 month ago#10
you still have to grip the connector either way so I'm not seeing much of a difference unless you're yanking them out by the cable?
The Infamous...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do quality of sata cables matter or the cheapest ones from Amazon will do?
  • Topic Archived