This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Borderlands 3 confirmed to not have a pre-load, thanks Epic

User Info: DANTE20XX

DANTE20XX
1 week ago#21
Well of course it wouldn't. This isn't exactly news. epic store doesn't have pre-loading, may not for a few years.
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.

User Info: Darkanagar

Darkanagar
1 week ago#22
DANTE20XX posted...
Well of course it wouldn't. This isn't exactly news. epic store doesn't have pre-loading, may not for a few months.

Fixed.
Wanna get Ban Immunity on GameFAQs? Easy! Just kiss GabeN's ass!

User Info: Weebro

Weebro
1 week ago#23
Darkanagar posted...
DANTE20XX posted...
Well of course it wouldn't. This isn't exactly news. epic store doesn't have pre-loading, may not for a few months.

Fixed.

Just sign out, bro.
"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

User Info: Dr_Mowinckel

Dr_Mowinckel
1 week ago#24
Knighted Dragon posted...
Zellio2014 posted...

We'll see who is owned when the high seas has the game downloaded and installed while you guys are waiting with slow download speeds

I'm pretty pissed over this whole situation, if the pirated version had multiplayer . . .

I'm having to buy it because my friend is a HUGE fan of the series and one of the normie types who doesn't pay attention to "drama about companies". He'd buy from companies that openly admit to murdering babies with rusty knives.

I really like BLands 1 and 2, but would absolutely boycott this crap at least until it's on a heavy steam sale if not for him harassing me to play it. Caught between my own morals and jolly cooperation >=(

First two games had workarounds and the multiplayer was just fine.
Fade2black001 posted...
LOL BS and learn to do math. 75% of 200 is 50

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
1 week ago#25
This is the first thing to legitimately piss me off with the EGS. Especially since they lied, with their roadmap stating it's already a shipped feature for 3rd party titles.

User Info: OrgeLambart

OrgeLambart
1 week ago#26
Darkanagar posted...
DANTE20XX posted...

Fixed.

is this like the shopping cart, where it was promised as a six month goal... here we are... 8 months later and no shopping cart.. I think his prediction of being years is probably closer to the truth..

Epic isn't about spending money on their core of featuers until they make sure their garbage store will actually stick around, they are losing money hand over foot trying to buying up exclusives and offering the User zero features that will draw them back..

I guess they give free games, so you have that..
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart

User Info: tatsuya1221

tatsuya1221
1 week ago#27
Jason_Hudson posted...
All hail Tiny Tim's tinpot store, held together by duct tape and hope.

They seriously can't manage a pre-load for Borderlands? Valve has been managing just fine for years.

I wish it was made with duct tape, if red green taught me anything it's that duct tape can fix everything, epic store is definitely not fixed.
One who does not learn from his mistakes, is doomed to repeat them.

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
1 week ago#28
SengokuNoMaou posted...
Dr_Mowinckel posted...
It's okay, game'll download just fine off TPB regardless.

Let's say it does somehow end on the seas the night of launch. Do you really think it's going to be a quick download?

...do you not know how torrents work?
People die when they are killed.
Quando il gioco e finito, il re e il pedone vanno nella stessa scatola

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
1 week ago#29
If you disagree with the fact there is no preload, and then you go and torrent it anyways, doesn't that make you a hypocrite?
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
HolySage posted...
dementedlullaby posted...
Have pre-loads been available for any games on EGS?

Don't think so, since the store is pretty incompetent, they likely aren't capable of knowing how.

That's pretty much what I figured. Their reasoning doesn't make sense.
"If you can make gamers happy, you can make anyone happy." - IBM
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Borderlands 3 confirmed to not have a pre-load, thanks Epic