This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Guys help! I need suggestions for a good controller for my PC

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
4 weeks ago#11
I can now confidently say that Sony makes the best d-pads in the business. People say you have to download something (DS4Windows) to make it work, but I didn't do that. I've got Windows 10 and it's plug & play for Steam as well as emulators (which discussing isn't against the forum rules anymore). Only downside is that my cord keeps messing up. Works fine on PS4, but keeps "disconnecting" and "reconnecting" in Windows, unless I hold the controller upside down.

I have a Logitech F310 as well and it was the reason I plugged in my DualShock 4. F310's d-pad is trash.
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
4 weeks ago#12
Rizeroth posted...
chandl34 posted...
chandl34 posted...
8bitdo SN30 Pro+ just came out. I ordered one today, hoping it has a good d-pad for my Switch. For the PC, I mostly use a PS2 controller.

I got this in the mail today. It has a much better d-pad than the Switch pro controller. Downside, is that it hurts my hands badly, starting almost immediately. I think I would've been better off with a PS4 controller.

Which part of your hand hurts and because of what? Sorry if i am vague. Is it the grip or the buttons and do your fingers hurt or the palms? My only issue with the ps4 controller is the placement of the analogs. I would like them offset like Xbox or Switch pro controller, but they did make the ps4 analogs comfortable for non offset ones.

It may have been that I was holding it incorrectly, but when I try to hold it like my regular PS2 controller, it causes a lot of pain. This is coming from the grip. The index and middle finger are too far separated when trying to work with the shoulder buttons. Also, when I am in a difficult platforming section, I end up squeezing the grip harder, and this puts more pressure on my middle finger. It feels like my middle finger is cutting into the controller, and my whole hand ends up hurting. I've used many different controllers over the years for various consoles and PC, but this is the first time I've experienced this.

I'm going to try it again this weekend to see if I can play 2D Mario without pain. I also picked up a PS4 controller too though, and it feels much more natural. But I'm waiting on my adapter to come in the mail, so I can play with it on my Switch.

For context, I'm getting these controllers mostly for 2D games requiring a good d-pad. For 3D, the regular Switch Pro Controller or my PS2 controllers are just fine.
... even on Earth Mode.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Guys help! I need suggestions for a good controller for my PC
  • Topic Archived