This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC passes PS4 to become Ubisoft's top revenue generator

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
1 month ago#11
'member when Ubisoft said that PC gaming had a 93-95% piracy rate? I 'member.

Funny how PC is suddenly their biggest earner. I'm going to guess we won't get an apology off of them.
Trump is the greatest president!
Deliver Brexit!

User Info: ganondorf77

ganondorf77
1 month ago#12
Considering al lot of people might have considered going to console so they don't need to care about accounts and launchers and pc stuff, then PC passing PS4 has happened without anyone's help.

Jason_Hudson posted...
Funny how PC is suddenly their biggest earner. I'm going to guess we won't get an apology off of them.
And Piracy is not getting lower. It's helping PC a lot, no doubt imo.
Bu!

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#13
Jason_Hudson posted...

It's the 6 drms they put in their games that makes an the difference I'm sure
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: tonicpalin

tonicpalin
1 month ago#14
I'll be avoiding Ubisoft unless they put their games on GOG but I guess Sony got too woke.

Otherwise i thought a western corp like Ubisoft always made more money off Xboxes & Nintendo?

Sony consoles seem to sell a lot less ever since Wii era.
WELCOME TO PALIN'S TRAVELS-Michael Palin, 25th September 2002.
https://www.palinstravels.co.uk/static-97

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
1 month ago#15
Maybe now they'll put more than just dog s*** tier effort into optimizing their PC ports if we make up such a large share of their revenue.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: Deathtnks

Deathtnks
1 month ago#16
tonicpalin posted...
I'll be avoiding Ubisoft unless they put their games on GOG but I guess Sony got too woke.

Otherwise i thought a western corp like Ubisoft always made more money off Xboxes & Nintendo?

Sony consoles seem to sell a lot less ever since Wii era.

Last I checked the PS4 had sold more consoles then either the Xbox One or the Switch. Mind you this was from a while back, so I have no idea how it stands now.

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
1 month ago#17
My takeaway is that PS4 players just aren't buying as much of those trite ass games and ubisoft needs to jewel it's crown with a game that epic poached from steam and most likely bought a bunch of keys to "guarantee" sales.

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
1 month ago#18
thelocalhentai posted...
My takeaway is that PS4 players just aren't buying as much of those trite ass games and ubisoft needs to jewel it's crown with a game that epic poached from steam and most likely bought a bunch of keys to "guarantee" sales.

I think its strictly Anno and it's sales on the Uplay store. AC Odyssey sold great on console. Also PC has no direct competitor while games sales on consoles are split like 70/30 between Xbox and PS.

User Info: Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf
1 month ago#19
Jason_Hudson posted...

You can't really pirate games like R6 Siege and Division 2 TBH, and Ubisoft is moving towards online only, games as service type with added microtransactions.
Hello

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
4 weeks ago#20
bump
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC passes PS4 to become Ubisoft's top revenue generator
  • Topic Archived