This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Safe to put my gaming PC into the tv unit?

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
1 month ago#1
https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/besta-tv-storage-combination-glass-doors-black-brown-selsviken-high-gloss-black-smoked-glass-s49194841/

That’s my tv unit, only difference is I have the tv wall mounted. I currently have my pc on the floor at the bottom left of the unit just in front of the door connected to the tv via a 5m HDMI.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/YHFkFt

Is it going to be safe to put it in the open part above that bottom left door so that I can use a 2m HDMI to connect to my AV receiver (positioned under the tv)? Will it still get enough ventilation?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

User Info: stav8

stav8
1 month ago#2
Probably be fine, just measure your case first then go to IKEA and measure the slot that u want to stick your pc in
NZXT Stormforce 240:16GB DDR4 RAM:Core i5 6600k: GTX 1060 6 GB: 2TB SSHD:2TB HDD:128 GB SSD:AS ROCK Z170 EXTREME 4; CORSAIR 750W: THERMALTAKE 3.0 LIQUID COOLING

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
1 month ago#3
There’s a good couple of inches clearance either side of the case, I’ve got my cpu cooler mounted at the top and a single exhaust fan at the back and that part of the unit doesn’t have a door.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

User Info: Naysaspace

Naysaspace
1 month ago#4
Should be fine but expect 5-10 C warmer than in the room. Those cubbies get warm, and having ikea s*** (plastic laminate EVERYTHING!) Is just a magnet for dust

User Info: roos1046 Reborn

roos1046 Reborn
1 month ago#5
Your PC will be cooked within 6 months
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
http://i.imgur.com/FoV5u.gif

User Info: Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider
1 month ago#6
Just make sure it has adequate ventilation. If nothing else, you could probably cut a couple of holes in the back of the cabinet and add an intake and outtake fan to keep cool air going into your case and the hot air going out of the cabinet. Or, being an open spot, maybe just add an exhaust fan to the back of the cabinet to blow the warm air from the PC out of the spot that it's in. Even with an open front, it will build up quite a bit of heat around your case. Do it in the right spot, and no one will ever even notice a little fan back there.
little grey men are coming our way
tastes just like chicken they say

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#7
I wouldn't put anything that puts out that kind of heat in any enclosed area. It will be overheating and the like.
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#8
Elephant Rider posted...
Just make sure it has adequate ventilation. If nothing else, you could probably cut a couple of holes in the back of the cabinet and add an intake and outtake fan to keep cool air going into your case and the hot air going out of the cabinet. Or, being an open spot, maybe just add an exhaust fan to the back of the cabinet to blow the warm air from the PC out of the spot that it's in. Even with an open front, it will build up quite a bit of heat around your case. Do it in the right spot, and no one will ever even notice a little fan back there.

Going to second this recommendation. As long as you have good airflow, there's no problem. If you don't, expect things to overheat quite easily.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
1 month ago#9
Either way, do this: https://lifehacker.com/add-an-automatic-cooling-system-to-your-entertainment-c-5948555

Cheap and easy way to add nearly silent and fully automated ventilation to practically anything like that.

User Info: phantasy

phantasy
1 month ago#10
My dad used to have a TV stand with a big opening, a bit bigger than the glass door shelf in your TV unit. I would put my PS3 inside thinking oh be nice. I was very wrong ventilation was very poor even with a large cut out in the back. I literally have to turn the PS3 sideways with the exhaust sticking out a few inches every time I want to play.
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Safe to put my gaming PC into the tv unit?
  • Topic Archived