This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm curious, how is this pc?

User Info: Superrpgman

Superrpgman
1 month ago#1
It's apparantly the big pc that amazon is pushing right now. How is it?

https://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-GXiVR8060A7-i5-9400F-GeForce-802-11AC/dp/B07PKXQBHN/
FC: SW-3046-2401-0737
Add me, esppecially if you like Indie games!

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
1 month ago#2
Whenever I see a pre-built, I ask this simple question: What make is the PSU?
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
i7 5820K|Rampage V Extreme|32GB DDR4 Ripjaws 4|EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra|HAF 932|Sony 55inch 4K HDR

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#3
Lol, I don't know where they got those 1440p "benchmarks", but I don't believe that for a second, you're not going to drop that many frames going from 1080p to 1440p on that GPU. Were it 1080p/4K I might believe it. More on topic, I'd be curious about the motherboard/PSU at that price, seems low - granted, it only has 8GB of RAM, but still, that's pretty low for the components it's using.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Switch | Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
1 month ago#4
SkittyOnWailord posted...

This

Otherwise the rest of it seems fine

PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: arjames13

arjames13
1 month ago#5
The sale price is okayish. You could still build your own for cheaper though.
PSN ID: Fangnfx
Switch FC: SW-1516-4664-3604

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#6
I'd be concerned about longevity for something this cheap....looking down through the effusive praise from computer neophytes that have used the machine for a matter of days I see infrequent posts about components breaking/temperature issues - I'm not sure I would buy this particular pre-built.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Switch | Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
1 month ago#7
I have never had a gaming PC and always just use my PC for 6-8 years before getting a new one when I feel like it's too damn slow and whatnot.

I've always been a console gamer and will happily stay on that because all my friends are on it. With that said, I finally bought a prebuilt gaming pc because I know nothing about building one myself.

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-Desktop-Processor-Graphics/dp/B07Q3G3B67/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1O2M5Y9COBOOH

700 bucks. Not too shabby for me anyway. But the point of my post is because I saw this reply from SkittyonWailord (nice Pokemon names by the way!).

SkittyOnWailord posted...

I got my PC from Amazon about 2 weeks ago and the fan noise was driving me nuts. It would just freaking rev up like a jet engine every time I open more then 3 tabs on Chrome or if I tried to watch anything on Youtube or stream Overwatch League on Twitch. It turns out it was coming from their cheap *** 460W power supply which has no name brand on it. I ordered this Seasonic 650W power supply last weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-SSR-650FX-Modular-Warranty-Compact/dp/B073H33X7R/ref=sr_1_1

Then I found out that Dell made their PC Cases so that it doesn't exactly fit other PSUs intentionally. So I couldn't put in the PSU up against the back of the case because it would push up against the power switch. Thankfully I had a bunch of long screws in the garage, about 2-3 inches long. So I installed it the ghetto way but it holds nonetheless. Now my PC is whisper quiet and I'm thinking of downloading Steam and go from there or something.

Anyway, the point of my post is that if you go for it, upgrade your PSU. From the countless research I've done regarding fan noise, I learned that for prebuilt PCs, they find somewhere to go cheap on you. In my case, it was the power supply.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm curious, how is this pc?
  • Topic Archived