This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Say something you like about PC gaming

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
1 month ago#51
tonicpalin posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
chandl34 posted...
40+ years of backwards compatibility in one machine.

^^ Came here to say this.

even as a retro gamer, that's overhyped.

Not to me.

If it wasn't for this, gaming would be a lot boring for me, since 50% of the games I play are from the 90'.

It's a shame I can't play Valkyrie Profile on a PS4, for example. Meanwhile, I can on my PC.

I know there are SOME older games that are harder to make it work on PC, but they are just a minority. To me, the simple fact that I can play ALL Might and Magic games on the same machine makes PC 10 times superior to consoles (for me).

Hell, with a PC I can play all main Final Fantasy games, all Dragon Quest games, most Tales Of games. And many of those games aren't even officially PC games!

tonicpalin posted...
many games still can't be emulated properly, or too obscure for anyone to care to patch it.

I think people overreact when they say "many games'. Currently, I have more than 5000 old games on my PC, and I think less than 0.5% of them have issues, and only two of them are unplayable (both Bedlam games).

Some of them require extra work (like installing Windows 3.11 on Dosbox just to play Titanic: Adventure out of Time), but I don't mind. It's still amazing that I can use ONE machine to play decades of games.
21 years later and I still consider this the best song I've heard in a Disney movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVcLIfSC4OE

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
1 month ago#52
Yeah, compatibility issues have been exceptionally rare for me, and I play games going all the way back to the Apple 2 Oregon Trail. Army Men and my favorite version of Gazillionaire have problems, but everything else is as good as ever or good enough.
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
1 month ago#53
Games with modding
I'm looking forward to playing as the Luminary in Smash Ultimate

User Info: SRPGinvestigato

SRPGinvestigato
1 month ago#54
Even if Backwards compatibility was only available for 10% of history, that's still significantly better than 0%.

User Info: Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon
1 month ago#55
chandl34 posted...

That's my answer. Plus game mods. And emulation of consoles and their games. But mainly the huge library of games, stretching back decades.
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
(message deleted)

User Info: Diamond_SB

Diamond_SB
4 weeks ago#57
Ultrawide gaming.
Currently Playing:
Atelier Iris / Phantom Brave PC / Rise of the Tomb Raider

User Info: tatsuya1221

tatsuya1221
4 weeks ago#58
chandl34 posted...

Access to nearly every game ever made pn any hardware through "backwards compatibility".
One who does not learn from his mistakes, is doomed to repeat them.

User Info: BobanMarjanovic

BobanMarjanovic
4 weeks ago#59
Nerds can put their computer specs in their sig and I get to laugh at them.
Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.

User Info: DANW547

DANW547
4 weeks ago#60
Every time I buy a new rig or graphics card it makes my old games better.
http://www.youtube.com/c/UnkleRenoGaming
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Say something you like about PC gaming
  • Topic Archived