This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Say something you don't like about PC gaming.

User Info: SRPGinvestigato

SRPGinvestigato
1 month ago#1
Something you don't like about PC gaming.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
1 month ago#2
Using a typewriter as a controller.

User Info: runrom

runrom
1 month ago#3
I love pc gaming. I just hate the community.
Dell 7577 1060 6gb Max-Q | HP 870-244 GTX1070 | Nintendo Switch | PS4
Hori RAP v.4 VLX | Magni & Modi 2 Stack | Beyerdynamic 770 Pro 250 | HiFiman HE4XX

User Info: krazycharlie

krazycharlie
1 month ago#4
DLC, microtransactions, season passes, nickel and diming, barebone games, paywalled content. I think that's pretty much it.
"U mad bro?".

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#5
krazycharlie posted...
DLC, microtransactions, season passes, nickel and diming, barebone games, paywalled content. I think that's pretty much it.

That's more the current state of gaming in general than PC gaming specifically.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|8GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01

User Info: Silver Shadow X

Silver Shadow X
1 month ago#6
Modding. I can never enjoy Bethesda games because the sheer volume of possibile mods is crippling to someone that's somewhat indecisive and overly thorough. And it's not permissible for someone to somehow compile a dream version of these games modded and redistribute them directly.

Modding games with less infinite options is 10/10 though. So I guess I should say I hate modding extremely flexible, popular games.
"Not to him who is offensive to us are we most unfair, but to him who doth not concern us at all." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

User Info: krazycharlie

krazycharlie
1 month ago#7
HeliosMagi posted...
krazycharlie posted...

That's more the current state of gaming in general than PC gaming specifically.

You're right. Gaming nowadays feels more like a choire than a hobby to me. Maybe it's time for me to calls it quit. Then again, these days, I'm enjoying retro games more than modern ones.
"U mad bro?".

User Info: Vita_Aeterna

Vita_Aeterna
1 month ago#8
Having so many god damn launchers. But also, the community is too divided.
"Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities."

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
1 month ago#9
To many launchers and trouble shooting when some thing goes wrong.
Nice that we have the option to fic are own PC's but finding the problem can be headache inducing.

PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
1 month ago#10
Searching steam store for games (too much crap to filter through).
Optimising game configuration (though AMD does has a tool that aids in this)
Too many damn system updates (and Microsoft is pretty good at breaking stuff), so windows can be the problem.
Trouble shooting when things go wrong (thank you search engines, but these really only work well if someone else had you problem, and you know what to search for).
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Say something you don't like about PC gaming.
  • Topic Archived