This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How would these specs do for a new PC gamer like myself?

User Info: InuboyNetwork

InuboyNetwork
4 weeks ago#1
RX 580 graphics card with 4gb ddr5 memory. 16gb dram. 1tb hard drive. Ryzen 7 processor. I dont need much for a PC. I just need something thatll work and allow me to play PC games that I own or wish to purchase.
Watch as I surpass my own origin!!!

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
4 weeks ago#2
Pretty good, but I would definitely suggest you tried to fit an SSD in there. Even one just for Windows and your core programs makes a HUGE difference in your day-to-day computing.
Also, if you're only using your rig for gaming and stuff like web browsing and word processing, then I'd suggest saving some money by going down to a Ryzen 5 CPU, since almost no games actually utilize the massive core counts of the higher-end Ryzen chips. Unless you plan to do heavy video rendering or 3D modeling then a Ryzen 7 is overkill.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|8GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01

InuboyNetwork
4 weeks ago#3
HeliosMagi posted...
Pretty good, but I would definitely suggest you tried to fit an SSD in there. Even one just for Windows and your core programs makes a HUGE difference in your day-to-day computing.
Also, if you're only using your rig for gaming and stuff like web browsing and word processing, then I'd suggest saving some money by going down to a Ryzen 5 CPU, since almost no games actually utilize the massive core counts of the higher-end Ryzen chips. Unless you plan to do heavy video rendering or 3D modeling then a Ryzen 7 is overkill.

I did plan on doing video editing man. I want to make a career of video editing.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
4 weeks ago#4
There’s nothing inherently wrong with it, but what games are you trying to play and at what resolution?
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

InuboyNetwork
4 weeks ago#5
ClunkerSlim posted...
There’s nothing inherently wrong with it, but what games are you trying to play and at what resolution?

I just want to play AAA games.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#6
It's fine. Get you one.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#7
Do you not actually own a PC?
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: Naysaspace

Naysaspace
4 weeks ago#8
Its fine but a bit much for entry-level on the CPU if you ask me. Can easily get away with an r5 or even r3.
NHLB Saturday Picks: https://goo.gl/1MeMQg
Saturday Picks Playoffs: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AmIZ0syZBSXdgUTWabLmmeLr3YJI

InuboyNetwork
4 weeks ago#9
yohabroha posted...
Do you not actually own a PC?

I dont. I've been saving to get one though but something came up so I've gotta save again.

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
4 weeks ago#10
You’ve created multiple garbage posts PC-related but don’t have a gaming PC
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How would these specs do for a new PC gamer like myself?
  • Topic Archived