This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New Gaming PC - should I get the one with lights and LEDs all over it or...

User Info: Steven010702

Steven010702
2 months ago#11
If you keep the PC in your bedroom, don't get the lights unless you have the option to turn them off.
I lost the game!
WiiU ID: Mistgun, PSN: burritosteve, Steam: Malularah

User Info: ganondorf77

ganondorf77
2 months ago#12
There are a lot of under $70 gaming cases that have led and transparent sides. Not an issue at all to have them or not to have them, unless tey bother you at night. But you can choose to unplug them physically inside, Leds dedicated in cases are like 10 cents at most each.
Bu!

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
2 months ago#13
Little kids like lighting effects. Like those shoes that light up when you walk. If you're a little kid go with the light display, if you're an adult go without any lights at all. You can have a glass side case without the silly lights and it looks very classy.

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
2 months ago#14
The white light from my xfx 480 is blinding and right at eye level. So I just hung a banner over the window
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: mayatola

mayatola
2 months ago#15
Lobomoon posted...
Do lights get annoying / boring after a while?

That will all depend on you. For me, I love my case and fans and all of the lighting on my components. You can see my build here (https://pcpartpicker.com/b/hpsZxr). I just used rainbow for the pics but I do like setting custom configs. I also have a warning that will set all lighting to red if my AIO liquid temp reaches 55C (liquid permeation can occur at 60C but generally, I've never had it go above 49C). You could even set lighting for warning temps on any component in your system, but I run MSI Afterburner all of the time and the only thing it can't monitor is my AIO liquid temp (so at the very least, there is some function on top of the pretty lights).

You could obviously go for a plain box and save money for better components. If budget is a concern, definitely go with performance first.
i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z390 ACE | 32GB DDR4-3200 | EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
2 months ago#16
I think RGB are cool but some people take it too far and their s*** looks like a UFO

like I have a corsair h100i RGB thats lit up white (lowest brightness) for the logo, red for the square, and pink for the fans and a GPU that breathes red. I keep them all very low brightness so they're more compliments as opposed to like bright ass LOOK AT ME lights.

you can't see the fans anyways so the pink just gives it a really light hue that looked better than other colors.
The Infamous...
Forever's gonna start tonight.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
2 months ago#17
It's ok to like stuff and not just follow some template of human existence.
What is freedom?

User Info: mayatola

mayatola
2 months ago#18
Killah Priest posted...
like I have a corsair h100i RGB

I have the same cooler. My case has tinted glass though which is a must IMO if you have a lot of lighting in your system. If I swing open the panel, it is bright as hell and I'd definitely turn it down.
i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z390 ACE | 32GB DDR4-3200 | EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
2 months ago#19
yea that s*** is super bright unless you lower it all in iCUE, and even then its still kinda brighter than I'd like but not obnoxious.
The Infamous...
Forever's gonna start tonight.

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
2 months ago#20
How about you just get whatever you personally like and not take the advice of message board douchebags who think they know what's best for everyone.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New Gaming PC - should I get the one with lights and LEDs all over it or...
  • Topic Archived