This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Surprised at how hard it is to find a gaming PC with a 2 TB hard drive in 2019

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#21
phantasy posted...
Apparently you read wrong, he meant internal HDD.

slk_23 posted...
or with hooking up an external hard drive for that matter.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#22
Gjain posted...
if we cant install a sdd, or a hdd. should we be pc gaming?

What's an HDD?
Intel 6700k, GTX 1080 8gig, 16 gigs of 3200mhz of RAM.

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
4 weeks ago#23
or with hooking up an external hard drive for that matter.phantasy posted...
-CJF- posted...
You don't want to buy a pre-built.

Edit: Did I read correctly that you don't trust yourself to "hook up" an external HDD?? You literally just plug it into a USB port and wall outlet (if it requires a power supply). If you can't manage that I don't know what to say.

Apparently you read wrong, he meant internal HDD.

But actually a lot of high end machine do comes with higher capacity HDD and SSD together. Almost all of the prebuilts you find in stores are not high end machines. It's just all marketing words to make you think it is high end.

nope tc said they donot trust themselves to even hook up and external HDD

slk_23 posted...
I I just don't trust myself with taking out and replacing the internal hard drive, or with hooking up an external hard drive for that matter.
I6700K - ZOTAC GTX1080 - 16 GBDDR4 RAM- NU8000 49 Inch + LG C8 OLED55
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"

User Info: mayatola

mayatola
4 weeks ago#24
It doesn't take that much to educate yourself on how to install stuff. I'm not a genius by any stretch but I managed to put together a system after a few weeks of research. After a couple more weeks, I was confident enough to start overclocking, and a few more weeks and I went all out with RGB fans and a fan controller and RGB hub. Next year, I want to set up a custom loop and I'm taking my time to do more research. For installing a simple thing as a mechanical hard drive (or SSD), you could learn how to do that with confidence in less than 15 minutes. If you really wanted to take your time, spend an hour watching several different videos.
i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z390 ACE | 32GB DDR4-3200 | EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

User Info: MrDude1

MrDude1
4 weeks ago#25
Find a vendor that let's you customize what you want and they build it for you.
Ryzen 7 3700X CPU | GTX 1070 GPU | 16 GB RGB DDR4-3200 RAM | 860 Evo SSD | Corsair HX 750 Platinum PSU
Asus MX27AQ | Razer Ornata Chroma | Logi M570 | NZXT H500

User Info: mayatola

mayatola
4 weeks ago#26
MrDude1 posted...
Find a vendor that let's you customize what you want and they build it for you.

Don't get it from ibuypower or cyberpower. By the time they actually finish building your system, you could have researched how to do it yourself and done it with better parts for cheaper. Or you could pay even more and get it "rushed". But whatever you do, don't buy the "game ready" instant ship systems as those things aren't even tested (I have my own personal horror story which ended in three weeks wasted while I did my own research and built my own system after finally getting my refund). Also, don't fall for those stupid DIY price vs their price. Some of the parts on their lists are totally inflated to make it look like they are giving you a deal. ibuypower claims that the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero is $390 for the ELIBG212 system! It's a sub $300 board that is currently $282. Their CBIBG204 system claims that the Intel 660p 1TB is $210!! It's $99. You could get a 2TB model for under $200. Those f***ing liars. The LCIRG202 system says that the Ryzen 7 2700X is $330? And 16GB of DDR4 2666 is $200?!?! You have to be kidding me, it's more like $70... And again with the Intel 660p. My god you are saving $500 by looking at their bulls*** price list. Go buy from them!
i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z390 ACE | 32GB DDR4-3200 | EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

User Info: Velius_

Velius_
4 weeks ago#27
Digital Storm posted...
Stop putting the PC on a pedestal.

Hehe, I get it.
=

User Info: hardy3786

hardy3786
4 weeks ago#28
Sephiroth311 posted...
Seriously it’s as easy as people say, it’s just like a big Lego set.

Big expensive fragile Lego set.

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
2 weeks ago#29
Open up your case and install a 2 TB internal hard-drive. It really is so simple its childsplay. All you have to do once you've hooked it up is format the 2 TB hard-drive so its readable by the computer as a normal drive.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Surprised at how hard it is to find a gaming PC with a 2 TB hard drive in 2019
  • Topic Archived