This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Did you guys get Game Pass for pc?

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
1 week ago#1
Just in case some of you are unaware, Game Pass is now available for pc. It's a service that allows you access to 200+ games. Games go in and out of the service regularly.

There is a deal going on right now where you can get this very cheap. Normally Game Pass is $14.99 per month. With this deal you pay a little more than that upfront, but you get huge savings.

What you need to do is that you need to first make a Microsoft account. Go to Xbox.com or Microsoft.com, then try to sign in. If you can sign in, then you have a Microsoft account. If you can't then make an account, but use a good e-mail since that is part of your identity which is critically important. After that, you must buy 1, 2, or 3 years of Xbox Live Gold. Once that's done you click on this link here:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/370124-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-1-only/

Then you buy Game Pass Ultimate for $1. You must do it in that order. You can not screw up that order.

What will happen is that your XBox Live Gold will be converted to Game Pass Ultimate after you pay the $1. You will then be set for whatever amount of time you bought. Honestly, I recommend going with the maximum of 3 years.

You will have access to 200+ games. You can also claim the monthly free Xbox 360 and Xbox One Games With Gold games regardless of whether you have an Xbox One or not. Maybe in the future you'll want a next gen Xbox, then the games you claimed will be there for you.

This is a very good deal. You need to act fast. I think that June 13 (tomorrow) may be the last day for this deal.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 week ago#2
I already had game pass but I did upgrade to ultimate for 1 dollar.

I have an xbox one as well and on that they've done a great job of adding new titles and rotating older titles, the PC offerings were slim but they've already added more just since announcing this and I feel like based on how they handled it on xbox one they'll do the same on PC as long as people use it.
The Infamous...
Forever's gonna start tonight.
(edited 1 week ago)

Hucast9
1 week ago#3
Killah Priest posted...
I already had game pass but I did upgrade to ultimate for 1 dollar.

I have an xbox one as well and on that they've done a great job of adding new titles and rotating older titles, the PC offerings were slim but they've already added more just since announcing this and I feel like based on how they handled it on xbox one they'll do the same on PC as long as people use it.

Cool. I'm downloading Metro Exodus right now from Game Pass.

User Info: HogSplash

HogSplash
1 week ago#4
I upgraded my Live to UGP. Got it until 9/20 for $1.
Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Hucast9
1 week ago#5
HogSplash posted...
I upgraded my Live to UGP. Got it until 9/20 for $1.

Same exact time for me, 9/20. I feel slightly disappointed in myself that I didn't do 1 more year, but whatever. I bet that at some point in the future they'll do another deal.

I guarantee you with absolute certainty that Microsoft made a huge, monstrous, and enourmous amount of subscription sales due to this deal. Someone would have to be crazy to pass this up. So basically, they will likely do another deal down the road based on the obvious success of this deal. I'm frequently hearing of people stacking up on 3 years of Live due to this deal. That's $180 revenue from that person. Makes you wonder how many others did that as well.
(edited 1 week ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: TaintedEon

TaintedEon
1 week ago#7
Yeah, I unfortunately did this in the wrong order without realizing the full offer and only have about 9 months of Ultimate, not bad but not great either.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/PlacidDREAMS/

Hucast9
1 week ago#8
TaintedEon posted...
Yeah, I unfortunately did this in the wrong order without realizing the full offer and only have about 9 months of Ultimate, not bad but not great either.

Don't worry about it. They'll do this deal again in the future. They've been doing Game Pass for 1-3 months For $1 - $3 for a long time now, so I bet they'll do this deal again at some point in the future.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
1 week ago#9
I have 2 more months of it on the Xbox one. I haven’t looked into how it works on pc. I’ll have to look into it this week as I’d like to play Metro Exodus and I’m not using the Epic store

PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
1 week ago#10
If you have ~$160 to spend and even remotely like video games, I have no idea why you wouldn't do it.

3 years of this Game Pass Ultimate for that amount.....I mean come on. That is access to A LOT of games for 3 years for the cost of buying 3. If you want to play Halo, it basically pays for itself on that alone.

I mean for me alone, Halo MCC, Halo Infinite, Flight Simulator, Gears 5, and Minecraft Dungeons are games recently shown that I would fully plan on playing. This isn't even mentioning future Forza games. I've essentially already gotten double the worth out of it.

It's an insane deal.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Did you guys get Game Pass for pc?