This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gonna build a gaming pc next year. What specs do you recommend?

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
1 month ago#1
I want the best visuals and performance especially for games like Cyberpunk 2077 and of course, Halo Infinite.

So maybe specs comparable and or better than next gen consoles.

I still haven't decided if I want to go with 1440p or 4K. I'll go with 4K as long as I get the vusuals and performance I want. Not sure if Raytracing will impact performance that much.

But yeah, what do you think? Think the 2080ti will suffice? I still have close to a year and Im going to start saving money soon. What about RAM and CPU?

Edit: I wouldn't mind building it this year either.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

User Info: enderall

enderall
1 month ago#2
CPU is the debate now. Wait until July for the reviews of Ryzen 3000 series.
Ryzen 5 2600, GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 480 8GB WINDFORCE, 2x8 GB Ripjaws RAM 3200 Mhz, EVGA 600w White PSU, Adata SSD SU650 240 GB , Riotoro CR 480, ASUS B450 Prime A

User Info: Snackbait

Snackbait
1 month ago#3
enderall posted...

Do you need a new motherboard for ryzen 3000?

User Info: TylerJ

TylerJ
1 month ago#4
As per your edit if you're considering this year, you really just need to establish a budget and work back from there.

You're going to want to wait for Ryzen 3 - next month - to verify the performance numbers, but early indications are most of the high 3000 series will be good CPU's and compete with the best of Intel's and be better priced.

Regarding GPU, you'd need to establish whether you want to go really expensive (2070, 2080) & game at 1440p, or max out 1080p with an RX 2060. At the moment I'd not recommend AMD at the performance end of the market.

For other components, 16GB RAM, as much SSD as you can afford (M2 being nice but more expensive) and an appropriate cooling solution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wScxZaWyL9A

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#5
You're on this board often enough that there's no excuse for this thread. Ask next year if you're building next year. If you're building this year, ask when you're ready to build. We have no idea what will be announced in between now and then.

Will the 2080ti suffice? I don't know, they haven't recommended anything yet and there's no benchmarks, so how would anyone even be able to take a guess for a 2020 game?
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#6
Snackbait posted...
enderall posted...

Do you need a new motherboard for ryzen 3000?

If you have a board for Ryzen 1k series then yes and no if you have board meant for the 2k series

So if you have an X470 and (I think) B450/350 will work with the 3k seriers
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
1 month ago#7
I'm curious about the Ryzen 3000 benchmarks when they arrive. Partially because I hope they compete well with Intel. Also because I suspect they'll be less expensive. All that, as well as I grow weary of Intel CPUs having major flaws found in them every year or two.

User Info: mayatola

mayatola
1 month ago#8
yohabroha posted...
Ask next year if you're building next year. If you're building this year, ask when you're ready to build. We have no idea what will be announced in between now and then.

Exactly. It's pointless to recommend something now. If you're waiting for Cyberpunk and decide to put a system together a month prior to release (maybe in March), prices could be totally different. RAM prices could shoot back up, mining could strike again for video cards, tariffs could get worse and mess with hardware prices, or maybe you'll get lucky and prices will drop exactly as you're ready to buy. The first thing you should do is establish what kind of system you want and how much you are willing to pay. Save up that money, and when the time comes, maybe a month before you are ready to spend the money, do some research and ask again. In fact, you have plenty of time to do research yourself if you are waiting an entire year.
i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z390 ACE | 32GB DDR4-3200 | EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

User Info: Boge

Boge
1 month ago#9
If you're building a PC next year, build a PC with next years tech. So, ask again next year.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: Naysaspace

Naysaspace
1 month ago#10
Boge posted...
If you're building a PC next year, build a PC with next years tech. So, ask again next year.

This. The technology moves so fast now that if you build this year with anything other than ultra modern parts, chances are half of them will be legacy by next year. I built a PC last year with B350 motherboard, which was mid-range at the time, and now that board is basically obsolete.
NHLB Saturday Picks: https://goo.gl/1MeMQg
Saturday Picks Playoffs: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AmIZ0syZBSXdgUTWabLmmeLr3YJI
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gonna build a gaming pc next year. What specs do you recommend?
  • Topic Archived