This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. been playing Steins gate elite... have to express my disappointment (Spoilers)

User Info: FFTHEWINNER

FFTHEWINNER
1 month ago#1
been playing the game for a while. hasnt really grabbed me at all but i continued playing on the promises of "Amazing Plot Twists" beginning in the second half. so i just reached chapter 5,the area where Moeka is revealed as SERN, and i have to say that,100% seriously,this has to be the stupidest "major plot twist" i have ever seen since KOTOR2. I mean,ever since that woman appeared in chapter 2 I was pretty certain that she is SERN. it was so astonishingly obvious that i almost bit my hand in frustration everytime they gave her freedom to do as she pleases in the lab and told her info,and now we get this f***ing "plot twist". i had hoped that the clearly sern stuff was actually a red herring somehow,as that would have actually been pretty good writing,but nope. SERN she is.

I was also pretty certain from the first time in chapter 2 that suzuha is Titor,even mentioned it here in another topic, and she pretty much confirmed it when she talked about her dad's name in last chapter's ending (which okabe seems to have ignored completely) and i am sure it will be used as a "plot twist" later on,along with the fact that she most likely hates Kurisu because in her future kurisu was the one who made the 2034 time machine perfectly working,thus she wants to get rid of her to prevent that hence the murder in chapter 1 that the first D-mail somehow prevented.

what i want to ask those who finished the game is this,are all the upcoming "Major Plot Twists" of the "Moeka is SERN!!! Suzuha is Titor!!!" variety,or are there actually surprising ones coming? 100% serious question,because if all are the former type then i am definitely dropping this game.
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png

User Info: youshallbeasgod

youshallbeasgod
1 month ago#2
Suzu is not Titor. And if you just reached chapter 5 means you're not in chapter 6 yet... hmm..
I think you should at least play chapter 6 before dropping the game. It's worth it.
Relax, it's just a game.

FFTHEWINNER
1 month ago#3
youshallbeasgod posted...
Suzu is not Titor. And if you just reached chapter 5 means you're not in chapter 6 yet... hmm..
I think you should at least play chapter 6 before dropping the game. It's worth it.

good. seems like this game can surprise me then if she isnt titor. hope there is a good explanation to all the titor-like stuff though,including her dad's titor name(unless she is titor's daughter).
even if she isnt titor though,i think it is pretty clear that she is a time traveler too and that she intends to stop Kurisu.

i had actually started chapter 5 awhile ago. like i mentioned,just reached the moeka=sern "twist" (when they enter the lab on them). no clue how far into the chapter that is. still,ok. will play chapter 6 and then decide. just hoped for a confirmation from a few that finished the game that actually good plot twists lie ahead.

youshallbeasgod
1 month ago#4
Yes, when people say it takes a while to get going, they are all talking about chapter 6. The moeka thing was obvious but the real twist is the person giving orders to sern-moeka. Notice how she never drops her cellphone for anything.
Relax, it's just a game.

FFTHEWINNER
1 month ago#5
Yes, when people say it takes a while to get going, they are all talking about chapter 6. The moeka thing was obvious but the real twist is the person giving orders to sern-moeka. Notice how she never drops her cellphone for anything.

i see. will continue until i finish chapter 6 then.

youshallbeasgod
1 month ago#6
FFTHEWINNER posted...

I hope you enjoy the chapter. Also, one more thing... are you using a guide? It's almost impossible to get the true end without a guide unless you're the luckiest man on Earth.
Relax, it's just a game.

FFTHEWINNER
1 month ago#7
turns out the point i had stopped at was like 2 minutes away from the end of chapter 5. just reached chapter 6. let us see how good it is.
FFTHEWINNER posted...

I hope you enjoy the chapter. Also, one more thing... are you using a guide? It's almost impossible to get the true end without a guide unless you're the luckiest man on Earth.

thanks. i was linked to a good guide,but i intentionally went the other way because i wanted to get Mayuri's ending first (i feel so bad for the poor girl. she is pretty much the only "pure,truly great heart" character in the game,yet the rest dont appreciate her at all. and (even though she certainly will be saved in Chapter 6) she dies in the end of Chapter 5 to boot...). after that i will replay from chapter 4 and skip everything until i reach the true ending path. assuming i enjoy it enough to do that ofcourse.

youshallbeasgod
1 month ago#8
FFTHEWINNER posted...
(i feel so bad for the poor girl. she is pretty much the only "pure,truly great heart" character in the game,yet the rest dont appreciate her at all. and (even though she certainly will be saved in Chapter 6) she dies in the end of Chapter 5 to boot...)

Oh my god... You have to be strong. That Tuturu machine needs you
Relax, it's just a game.

FFTHEWINNER
1 month ago#9
FFTHEWINNER posted...
(i feel so bad for the poor girl. she is pretty much the only "pure,truly great heart" character in the game,yet the rest dont appreciate her at all. and (even though she certainly will be saved in Chapter 6) she dies in the end of Chapter 5 to boot...)

Oh my god... You have to be strong. That Tuturu machine needs you

will certainly try to,although my record in succeeding in that in VNs is sketchy lol (been gaming since 1997,and the only games that ever managed to make me cry were VNs for some reason. Ayu's ending in Kanon was the first one,and i still consider that game to be in my top 5 games of all time list :')

FFTHEWINNER
1 month ago#10
reached until after poor mayuri is killed for the trillionth time >_> (the one where okabe confronts Moeka) (now i got what you meant man >_>). thought to post a few of my observations and thoughts on what happened:

first of all,it seems to me like a giant plot hole that he is only going back a few hours each time. he justifies it by saying that he is afraid of the bad consequences curisu mentioned if he time leaped too far,but i am pretty damn certain that "too far" doesnt include "a couple days ago". if he only leapt a few days before he would have been able to escape easily.

Second,a weird thing happened in the last death: mayuri was bullet murdered,yet while hououin is running you can see kurisu and daru still standing. that makes no sense. if SERN killed her like usual then they should have took them too. did someone else kill her this time? but the game brushed through it and hououin talked as if it was just like before. this is weird...

Third,Why is the Time Leap machine never taken? weird too...

Forth,that train push wasnt accidental at all. children run and hug adults they love,true,but they hug them and keep holding not push them.and this is someone who is clearly old enough to have had train danger explained to her by Braun. thus,the only conclusion possible is that this was intentional. the picture of her eyes support that. those were insane eyes,not scared eyes.
the question is why though. well,maybe she is SERN's leader? time leapt too,but this time from the far future into her child self,to make sure SERN wins this fight?and her brain got scrambled a bit in the process? i see no other explanation as to why she would intentionally murder mayuri.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. been playing Steins gate elite... have to express my disappointment (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived