This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just build a budget i3 PC a few days ago and this came out....

User Info: ElMaton04

ElMaton04
4 weeks ago#1
So the CPU I got for my budget build is an i3 8100 which meets my needs for what I'm going to be using the PC for, but I spent with taxes around $150 for the CPU. It's all good and great, but then this game CPU just came out:
https://www.newegg.com/intel-core-i3-9th-gen-core-i3-9100/p/N82E16819118022

It's even cheaper and it has turbo boost up to 4.2 Ghz, so it's a slightly faster CPU. Man, I should have waited another week, and I could had saved some money and gotten a slightly better CPU.
"Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers." Voltaire

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
4 weeks ago#2
There's always something new coming out. Sure it is slightly better but only just slightly and chances are in real world applications you wouldn't actually notice the difference between the two.

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
4 weeks ago#3
Yeah I wouldn't worry about that. Personally, I'd have done a budget build around a AMD CPU.
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

ElMaton04
4 weeks ago#4
AndreLeGeant posted...
Yeah I wouldn't worry about that. Personally, I'd have done a budget build around a AMD CPU.

I really wanted to because they had hyper-threading for less money, and I would have gone for the 2700 on the high end or the 2600x. However, my build does not need a GPU at all, therefore Intel wins thanks to their built in GPU which those AMD chips didn't have any.

AndreLeGeant
4 weeks ago#5
ElMaton04 posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...

I really wanted to because they had hyper-threading for less money, and I would have gone for the 2700 on the high end or the 2600x. However, my build does not need a GPU at all, therefore Intel wins thanks to their built in GPU which those AMD chips didn't have any.

Ryzen has integrated GPU that is actually far superior to what Intel has. Why not a 2400g which has Vega 11 integrated GPU, 8 threads, and was $140 on Newegg?
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
4 weeks ago#6
ElMaton04 posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...

?????
Diablo Immortal!

AndreLeGeant
4 weeks ago#7
Yeah I’m confused considering AMD integrated graphics are so superior to Intel. I mean you’d have to start a build all over and if the i3 is sufficient for your needs why bother. But I just hope someone didn’t lead you astray.

User Info: Neo Vejiita

Neo Vejiita
4 weeks ago#8
If it is only a week old maybe you can return it?

Also yeah, 2200G or 2400G are probably better picks overall, but if you were going to switch it would involve returning the motherboard too :(
aka NeoMasamune

ElMaton04
4 weeks ago#9
AndreLeGeant posted...
ElMaton04 posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...

Ryzen has integrated GPU that is actually far superior to what Intel has. Why not a 2400g which has Vega 11 integrated GPU, 8 threads, and was $140 on Newegg?

AndreLeGeant posted...
ElMaton04 posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...

Maybe because I didn't know about that one.

AndreLeGeant
4 weeks ago#10
Like I said if the i3 does the trick don’t worry about it. But if you do still have time to return, you would get a big boost with the 2400g.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just build a budget i3 PC a few days ago and this came out....
  • Topic Archived