This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ah, the joys of PC gaming strike again...

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
1 week ago#1
So I'd been playing FFXIV last couple days everything was fine and dandy. Last night as I went to put my PC to sleep it asked if it should update and shut down instead and I figured why not.
Now I get back on and FFXIV won't start, gives me a bunch of dxgi, dx11, etc. errors.

Also why does s*** randomly stop working out of nowhere on this thing. Over 2 grand spent and I have not been able to game in peace for more than 2 days in a row without something going wrong.

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
1 week ago#2
Guess your just unlucky.

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
1 week ago#3
Get a console kid
Glorious 4K/Vive VR PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
1 week ago#4
If you'd prefer the locked down box that gives you no control over anything, you've got that option.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 week ago#5
Crysiania posted...
Guess your just unlucky.

you're
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
1 week ago#6
GoIrish80 posted...
If you'd prefer the locked down box that gives you no control over anything, you've got that option.

That's probably what I'll do I think. I spent over 5 times as much on this PC than I did on my PS4 Pro and there's barely a visible difference in how the games look. Which figures cause games are designed for console specs.

The real issue of course is that every time I click on a game I have to cross my fingers and hope it works and one thing or another doesn't stop it from starting. I've probably spent more time troubleshooting than playing.

Oh look I just tried starting Witcher 3 and it's somehow missing a .dll even though it was working fine last time I played it. Are Windows updates removing files from computer? wtf?

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
1 week ago#7
Windows update have always screwed everything. Turn that s*** off. Its ironic that people speak of "control" as a reason to take PC but don't disable the automatic windows update, by far the biggest source of f***ery in my 20 years of PC gaming.
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

User Info: VoightKent

VoightKent
1 week ago#8
jake-sf posted...
Windows update have always screwed everything. Turn that s*** off. Its ironic that people speak of "control" as a reason to take PC but don't disable the automatic windows update, by far the biggest source of f***ery in my 20 years of PC gaming.

it turns itself back on every time you update

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 week ago#9
Insaan posted...
Also why does s*** randomly stop working out of nowhere on this thing

Nothing in the computer world is "random", there's always a root cause, be it hardware failure, software conflicts or user error, there's always a reason if you dig a little.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Switch | Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: WheatPasta

WheatPasta
1 week ago#10
Insaan posted...
Over 2 grand spent and I have not been able to game in peace for more than 2 days in a row without something going wrong.... I spent over 5 times as much on this PC than I did on my PS4 Pro and there's barely a visible difference in how the games look.

It's always interesting that when I hear these kinds of problems,which are seldom, the user makes a point to mention how much they spent.

If you are truly having an issue first try validating the game through Steam, then try checking your Windows updates to see if one needs to try to install again,if you are still having an issue see if you can go back to a prior restore point. It's also a little saddening that you can only barely see a visible difference, and even if that was true you would dismiss all the other positives that PC offers
i7-4790K|32GB DDR3|RX 580-8GB|Win/Lnx Mint
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ah, the joys of PC gaming strike again...