This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is FF15 worth playing?

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
4 weeks ago#21
No. The game play is remarkably bad, you literally can't lose. And I'm not sure the story is finished even with all the DLC.
bloop

User Info: Neo Vejiita

Neo Vejiita
4 weeks ago#22
The combat never clicked with me :(
aka NeoMasamune

User Info: Velius_

Velius_
4 weeks ago#23
I beat it 100%ish when it came out and really enjoyed it.

The story has some pacing issues as others have said, but I hear that they fixed the only bit of it I truely didn’t like (towards the end).

Boss fights are very fun.

The_Undying_84 posted...
No. The game play is remarkably bad, you literally can't lose. And I'm not sure the story is finished even with all the DLC.

Also, this guy doesn’t understand what literally means.
=

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
4 weeks ago#24
I didn't play it a lot, but I played an hour or two to see if it worked after I purchased it. I really enjoyed what I played! It got a lot of bad comments for that car pushing scene at the beginning, but man I thought it was great.

I am playing through the FF series, replaying a lot of them. I play an FF game and then a non-FF game. It'll probably take me a couple years before I reach FFXV again, but maybe I'll skip to it. I'm also craving 10. FF4 the After Years is I'm sorry the most boring JRPG I've played in my life. And I play a TON of JRPGs. FF4 was alright, why'd they make a spin off of that title instead of one that actually deserves it more? Like 5 or 6? Or a not Advanced Tactics.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Raelic Gog: https://www.gog.com/u/WoodenRook
https://media.tenor.com/images/ba9d412c253f22d44f44687807b4e7ac/tenor.gif

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
4 weeks ago#25
If you’ve really got nothing else, it’s probably a decent investment of your time. It feels like a Final Fantasy-themed open world RPG, though, rather than an actual Final Fantasy game.

It’s pretty remarkable how vastly different Square Enix’s first attempt at an open world RPG was compared to Nintendo’s with Zelda and Breath of the Wild. I guess some have a much clearer vision than others.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#26
The_Undying_84 posted...

Its not cause they canned 3/4 of the planned DLC they were going to release.
Intel 6700k, GTX 1080 8gig, 16 gigs of 3200mhz of RAM.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
4 weeks ago#27
Velius_ posted...

The_Undying_84 posted...

You can not get a game over unless you choose to get a game over. You can revive yourself as much as you want.

And if you choose to get a game over despite that then apparently it's something you want to happen and thus not technically losing from your point of view.
bloop

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
4 weeks ago#28
Yes, it's worth playing, but i'd only buy it at a large discount at this point. Probably won't be long until we see it on sale for under $10 on steam.
Switch FC: 6749-4573-6683 | Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/chilly01234/

User Info: Velius_

Velius_
4 weeks ago#29
The_Undying_84 posted...
Velius_ posted...

The_Undying_84 posted...

You can not get a game over unless you choose to get a game over. You can revive yourself as much as you want.

And if you choose to get a game over despite that then apparently it's something you want to happen and thus not technically losing from your point of view.

A game over screen that has a continue button doesn’t mean you didn’t lose. The condition to see it is losing. You lost, it’s just not punishing you by forcing you to reload.

Also, you provided no evidence that you literally can’t lose. You can choose the game over option. Your interpretation of losing isn’t objective, and therefore not literal. The option to accept loss exists, you can accept losing. You literally can lose.
=

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
4 weeks ago#30
The_Undying_84 posted...

facepalm
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is FF15 worth playing?
  • Topic Archived