This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is FF15 worth playing?

User Info: fohstick

fohstick
4 weeks ago#1
No side quests, just the mainline story walkthrough

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 weeks ago#2
Try the demo
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: jky7702

jky7702
4 weeks ago#3
I thought it sucked

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
4 weeks ago#4
Depends on what else you have available. It's not great, so you can probably find something more worthy of your time.
I played it at release

The gameplay is great
The story and characters are a mess. Not sure how much the patches have fixed that if at all.

User Info: GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok
4 weeks ago#6
I went all in on it last month and came out really enjoying it. I definitely recommend watching Kingsglaive as well, as I think it made me care about the game a lot more. Watch it right at the very end of chapter 1 of the game when your party goes to sleep.

I thought I just wanted to experience the story, but I ended up basically doing sidequest. Some of the sidequest lines are mundane and repetitive while others are very worthwhile. I think the most important thing to get out of them are the interactions of the main characters, whom I think are great. The better you get to know them, the better the overall experience will be.

The battle system I didn't care for, and honestly I started cheating pretty early on so I could quickly go through the battles. Didn't want to spend my hours on them. I don't think my experience suffered because of this. On the other hand, the world and exploration is excellent.

The overall story I felt was alright, if incomplete at times, and I really liked most of the characters. While the plot is kinda flat most of the game, I think the last segment until the very end redeems the game. I haven't been hit so hard emotionally in a game or movie for a very long time, maybe ever. It made a lasting impression, and I still think about it.
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
4 weeks ago#7
It isn't very good.
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png
My Ignore List (last wiped July 20, 2018): https://i.imgur.com/Nz8ZeAR.png

User Info: How1e

How1e
4 weeks ago#8
Couldn't finish it. I found even XIII to be more enjoyable. This is coming from someone that grew up on VII through XIII minus the MMOs.
Maximus IX Apex | 7700K @ 5.2GHz | Trident Z 16GB @ 4000MHz | GTX 970 G1 1531/2000 | 950 Pro 256GB / 850 Evo 1TB | Adam A7X / Sub10 | Prism Orpheus

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
4 weeks ago#9
fohstick posted...
just the mainline story walkthrough

If it's on sale. The mainline story isn't very long if you only do the story quests. DLC Ignis and Prompto add a bit more to the lore and those chrs (included with PC version) and Ardyn even more (not included, separate price) but the main storyline is short.

I love the game (altho it does have severe story-pacing issues and the like) but more for gameplay/action, the bantering 4 bro's and humor reasons than anything else. And the mini-game that is Ansel screenshotting.
Nvidia Ansel is fun - https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/
9900k|2080ti-ftw3|32ddr4-3200|970 Pro SSD - Diablo1 runs fantastic

User Info: stav8

stav8
4 weeks ago#10
Yes it's worth playing.

It's a good game in its own right

It just isn't final fantasy though
NZXT Stormforce 240:16GB DDR4 RAM:Core i5 6600k: GTX 1060 6 GB: 2TB SSHD:2TB HDD:128 GB SSD:AS ROCK Z170 EXTREME 4; CORSAIR 750W: THERMALTAKE 3.0 LIQUID COOLING
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is FF15 worth playing?
  • Topic Archived