This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Monitor stuck in power save mode?

User Info: Van_Of_The_Dawn

Van_Of_The_Dawn
4 weeks ago#1
Finally got an OS and a monitor for my pc I just built and I’ve run into yet another issue. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this monitor out of power save mode. It’s a dell monitor pretty old I got from my moms job.

Idk what other information to give other than my PC specs but I doubt if it’s something wrong with the PC. All fans are running and there’s definitely power coming out of the dvi port, and other ports (rgb mouse and keyboard lights on, can use USB ports to charge iPhone, etc)

Any help is greatly appreciated gamefaqs pc board.
"Being adjusted to a profoundly sick society, is by no means a measure of health."

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#2
Try changing the source input. If it has multiple inputs, there's probably a switch or setting.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

Van_Of_The_Dawn
4 weeks ago#3
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Try changing the source input. If it has multiple inputs, there's probably a switch or setting.

This specific monitor only has vgi.

I just went out and bought a vgi-hdmi converter from Walmart and my tv also didn’t recognize anything so now I just took my PC apart and I’m about to put it back together and see if that does anything, as suggested by a YouTube video.

Edit: All that to no avail. Still haven’t even got this windows 10 running smh
"Being adjusted to a profoundly sick society, is by no means a measure of health."

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
4 weeks ago#4
Do you have it plugged into the right spot on your PC? It sounds like you're plugging it into the motherboard when you've got a dedicated GPU installed. And are you talking about DVI or VGA? Is it white or blue?
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

Van_Of_The_Dawn
4 weeks ago#5
wildog2006 posted...
Do you have it plugged into the right spot on your PC? It sounds like you're plugging it into the motherboard when you've got a dedicated GPU installed. And are you talking about DVI or VGA? Is it white or blue?

This was the issue, first I plugged my Nintendo switch hdmi cord into the GPU and TV and got it to work, then I tried the converter to dvi into the hdmi slot on the GPU and got a clearer picture but it’s offset to the left of the screen. Still can’t get it going on the monitor either

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#6
sounds like a bad adapter.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Kenny_Mayne

Kenny_Mayne
4 weeks ago#7
Tc got rekt by his mom
Original #1 seahawks fan est. 2013. Not changing sig until they move the seahawks, mariners, sounders to Oklahoma City

Van_Of_The_Dawn
3 weeks ago#8
DarkZV2Beta posted...
sounds like a bad adapter.

The monitor doesn’t have the required ports for hdmi/whatever those other GPU ports are. Adapter is Gucci
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Monitor stuck in power save mode?
  • Topic Archived