This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have you been banned from a game/server...

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
4 weeks ago#11
used to get banned all the time on swat 4. i used to have dsl and a dynamic ip, when ever i got banned id just restart my router and have a new ip which made it very difficult to ip ban me. also used a pirate copy so i would just reinstall the game with a new cd key. swat 4 was great.

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
4 weeks ago#12
I've been banned from many Battlefield servers in my time but never a game.
I'm laughing in my pants so hard right now - Rud3Bwoy 12/3/2018

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#13
I was banned from a few private servers for "cheating". In one case, the person complaining actually brought in a couple of cheaters to "teach me a lesson" or something first.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
4 weeks ago#14
Yes, and from more than one private server. I tend to pick fights with the admins when they impose stupid rules. Never banned for cheating though.
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

User Info: Superrpgman

Superrpgman
4 weeks ago#15
When games for windows live was a thing I got banned from the Steam version of Dark Souls. Wasn't given a reason, and I have no idea why. After GFWL went down though, and...uh, whoever hosts the servers now started hosting it, I was totally fine.

I also got banned from all perfectworld games on my original account. Again, for the life of me, I have no idea why, although my stepbrother told me that for a while if you were simply inactive in one of their games for a few months they'd ban you. Whatever, their games are uber pay to win, I don't care.

I got a temp ban because I got pissed off at someone in LOTRO when the game was pay monthly and started swearing at them. Yeah, this one was totally deserved, and I'm very lucky that it wasn't a perma ban. Learned my lesson, and haven't done something like that since.

I've also got a funny related story. A couple weeks later I'm in playing LOTRO, in a dungeon with a party, and everyone but me was in the same guild. this game used to have HUGE dungeons, that would often take you a couple hours to go through, and ended with huge rewards. We were near the end of one of them, when all of a sudden, without warning I got teleported out, and kicked from the party. The leader told me that I was being replaced with a max level character(of which there were already 2 in the party) to help out the other 2 rest and I'm told QUITE rudely to "not be dramatic."

But the joke was on them because I had picked up the key that you need to open the area where the end boss was. They begged me to come back in so they could finish it, and I just laughed at them.
FC: SW-3046-2401-0737
Add me, esppecially if you like Indie games!

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
4 weeks ago#16
I've had a bunch of D2 LoD accounts get banned.

That's about it.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
4 weeks ago#17
I never got banned from a server.
I'm a very vanilla guy, I don't cheat, I don't ragequit (and I'm usually the one losing most of the time!) and I was never unlucky enough to be banned for "no reason".

GunmaN1905 posted...
Anyone who says they haven't been banned even temporary is lying.
There's not a single person I know that hasn't ragequit a game and got temporary banned at least once.

I never ragequit a game in my life. Maybe because it's VERY hard to make me angry, whenever I'm losing, even if I feel that the other player is cheating or using cheap tactics, I don't get angry. I usually just stop trying, let go of the controllers and laugh.

It's VERY hard to make me angry. That's just the kind of weird person I am.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
-George R.R. Martin

User Info: Sergei_Dukanov

Sergei_Dukanov
4 weeks ago#18
Al the freaking time in battlefield. I guess mopping the floor with the admins is a habit of mine. Cant even use some of the last remaining servers.
"I will eat your unhappiness"
"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
4 weeks ago#19
Several my accounts in several games got banned for hex editing.
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

User Info: Ferron

Ferron
4 weeks ago#20
I've been banned from several CS:A servers for various reasons such as having a high ping or killing the wrong person too many times and banned from a CoD2 server for being too good and making other regulars not want to play because they were intimidated
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have you been banned from a game/server...
  • Topic Archived