This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Now that I have my PC what are some great games I've been missing out on?

User Info: Van_Of_The_Dawn

Van_Of_The_Dawn
1 month ago#11
AsucaHayashi posted...
Van_Of_The_Dawn posted...
rpgs, and pvp focused open world games.

you'll probably like black desert online.

Hard pass on that for now. I’m looking forward to Camelot Unchained and Ashes of creation though if they ever actually release.
"Being adjusted to a profoundly sick society, is by no means a measure of health."

User Info: Superrpgman

Superrpgman
4 weeks ago#12
@Van_Of_The_Dawn

There’s a bunch of great mmo games I’ve never gotten to play/looking forward to playing. As well as things like modded Skyrim and maybe some Xbox “exclusives” (may try out sunset overdrive)

What kind of games can I play with this build and to what extent can I push the graphics to? I’m usually into rpgs, rts, and pvp focused open world games.

First of all, THe Witcher 3, play The Witcher 3, it is leagues ahead of anything I've ever played, and we're all so lucky that gaming got this good in our lifetimes.

I also highly recommend Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Not to show off the visuals, but because it's one of the best games ever made, with possibly the best atmosphere ever put in a game! Make sure to use the unofficial patch!

I also recommend Star Wars: KOTOR2 with the restoration project. It's one of the best stories that you'll ever experience.

While I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy 15, you might be, and it looks amazing.

Other games that look really f***ing good and I've at least heard are a lot of fun:

The Witcher 3, Grand Theft Auto 5, The Yakuza games, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Resident Evil 2, Tom Clancy's The Division 2, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, Katana ZERO, Far Cry 5, Forza Horizon 4, Monster Hunter: World, Hitman(remake), Hitman 2(remake), Dragon Ball FighterZ, Warhammer: Vermintide 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, BattleTech, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Vampyr
FC: SW-3046-2401-0737
Add me, esppecially if you like Indie games!

User Info: DrowWarrior

DrowWarrior
4 weeks ago#13
You have 30+ years of great games to play, have fun catching up. :)
DW

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
4 weeks ago#14
With that rig? Be the average PC owner and play a 1990s game. LOL

Kidding..., but really some people in here are recommending very old games.

Try League of Legends, find a champion that interests you and learn how to play the game. It's a steep learning curve, but man is that game ever addictive, free, and a unique experience you can't get on a console.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Raelic Gog: https://www.gog.com/u/WoodenRook
https://media.tenor.com/images/ba9d412c253f22d44f44687807b4e7ac/tenor.gif

User Info: saltedham

saltedham
4 weeks ago#15
Superrpgman posted...
The Witcher 3

if you havent played this on console, then this. imo you can skip 1 and 2.
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!

Van_Of_The_Dawn
4 weeks ago#16
Superrpgman posted...
@Van_Of_The_Dawn

There’s a bunch of great mmo games I’ve never gotten to play/looking forward to playing. As well as things like modded Skyrim and maybe some Xbox “exclusives” (may try out sunset overdrive)

What kind of games can I play with this build and to what extent can I push the graphics to? I’m usually into rpgs, rts, and pvp focused open world games.

First of all, THe Witcher 3, play The Witcher 3, it is leagues ahead of anything I've ever played, and we're all so lucky that gaming got this good in our lifetimes.

I also highly recommend Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Not to show off the visuals, but because it's one of the best games ever made, with possibly the best atmosphere ever put in a game! Make sure to use the unofficial patch!

I also recommend Star Wars: KOTOR2 with the restoration project. It's one of the best stories that you'll ever experience.

While I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy 15, you might be, and it looks amazing.

Other games that look really f***ing good and I've at least heard are a lot of fun:

The Witcher 3, Grand Theft Auto 5, The Yakuza games, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Resident Evil 2, Tom Clancy's The Division 2, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, Katana ZERO, Far Cry 5, Forza Horizon 4, Monster Hunter: World, Hitman(remake), Hitman 2(remake), Dragon Ball FighterZ, Warhammer: Vermintide 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, BattleTech, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Vampyr

All those games I’ve played on console or have absolutely no interest in when I could’ve played on console. I also, thought the Witcher 3 was a bore, world and story A+ but due to gameplay I never finished. I’ve been playing modded Skyrim and spell break though, and I gotta say, I’ve jever truly played Skyrim til I got a pc.
"Being adjusted to a profoundly sick society, is by no means a measure of health."

Van_Of_The_Dawn
4 weeks ago#17
WoodenRook posted...
With that rig? Be the average PC owner and play a 1990s game. LOL

Kidding..., but really some people in here are recommending very old games.

Try League of Legends, find a champion that interests you and learn how to play the game. It's a steep learning curve, but man is that game ever addictive, free, and a unique experience you can't get on a console.

I actually used to be real big into league and dota id play on the lowest settings, when we had a standard Dell. SMITE is more my forte these days.

User Info: LiteMatter

LiteMatter
3 weeks ago#18
Ark

Van_Of_The_Dawn
3 weeks ago#19
LiteMatter posted...
Ark

PC exclusives. The majority of things people have been suggesting are things I’ve already played on console
(Though I will admit I did pick up Skyrim for the 4th time and the mods have made my experience 1 million times greater)

User Info: hmazuji

hmazuji
3 weeks ago#20
Vita_Aeterna posted...
Ori and the Blind Forest

you lost me, as did the op. i went to check out ori at the microsoft store, and am seeing that the system requirements for ori is 'xbox'

how are you going to play an xbox game on a pc ? is there an emulator ? i didn't know there was one

unfortunately, i am restricted to my desktop, and i think i have a playstation, but it isn't hooked up, and that project is on the back burner
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Now that I have my PC what are some great games I've been missing out on?
  • Topic Archived