This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is G-Sync or a 144hz monitor really worth it?

User Info: Joschker

Joschker
1 month ago#21
It's also very depending on the games you play. If you want to play the latest AAA Games, you need a beast of a rig to achieve 100fps in 1440p. In games like CS Go it's easy to maintain 144hz and above and if you want to play these games competitively it might be usefull, yes.

User Info: Mobile88

Mobile88
1 month ago#22
G-sync is okay but nothing beat the smoothness of the game Ace Combat before Nvidia patch. Forgot which number but I did know owning Ati HD5870 during that time.

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
1 month ago#23
thanthen posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
thanthen posted...
otherwise you never reach 144hz let alone stay there

I think we found the real peasant.

Yeah we did peasant. EVGA GTX 1080ti

Gets me within my 165fps target range. Now what peasant rig are you running that can't do the same?
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
1 month ago#24
MasterPoker posted...
Imagine owning a 1080Ti but still being a mass marketing sheep.

Why would owning a certain GPU make anyone less than a sheep? You guys say some funny things lol
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
1 month ago#25
Sir_Haxor posted...
Why would owning a certain GPU make anyone less than a sheep? You guys say some funny things lol

The point being made is that the mass marketing apparently suggests the better spec GPUs can't achieve certain results (without the crutch of sync technology) and by owning one you should actually know what the thing is capable of. Thus joining the sheep saying it can't do something that you know it can is counter-intuitive and many people would be aware enough to not do it.
PSN: Nathanmg
3DS: 1006-0862-7392
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is G-Sync or a 144hz monitor really worth it?
  • Topic Archived