This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. metro exodus is a beautiful game

User Info: fohstick

fohstick
1 month ago#1
Both on a technical level and art level. The game is incredibly ambitious in its level design and story, and gets better throughout the playthrough. It blends the advantage of linear set pieces and freedom of open world together to minimize both flaws. The developers also added new features to the gameplay, so it feels like an upgrade from the last 2 games.

it sadden me that there's absolutely no metro exodus gameplay discussion on this board nor the game's board. The epic game controversy completely overshadowed this real GOTY

User Info: mayatola

mayatola
1 month ago#2
Yeah, I'm really enjoying the game as well, though admittedly only because it came free with my video card. While I'm a fan of the series, I was gonna wait probably until the price dropped a bit as I rarely buy games at $60 anymore. But agreed, the game is gorgeous and really enjoyable to play, especially with global illumination.
i9-9900k | MSI MEG Z390 ACE | 32GB Corsair DDR4-3200 | EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
Dell AW3418DW | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W | NZXT H700

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
1 month ago#3
fohstick posted...

it sadden me

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
1 month ago#4
But is it any good as a game? how is it as an open world game? I found the first one so clunky I can't imagine they pulled off an open world setting.
"Tether even a roasted chicken."
- Yamamote Tsunetomo

User Info: ThisIsAKnoife

ThisIsAKnoife
1 month ago#5
sfcalimari posted...
But is it any good as a game? how is it as an open world game? I found the first one so clunky I can't imagine they pulled off an open world setting.

it's not literally open world. there's still "levels" but they are very open ended. there's about 5 total, and 2 are completely open and available to explore. one is a bit more linear, one is completely story based and also linear, and then the final level is very linear. that being said, the gameplay is very good imo. was fun looking for weapon upgrades and such. also the gun fights are great.
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.

User Info: strat10

strat10
1 month ago#6
farigonti posted...
fohstick posted...

it sadden me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA3Xy53hMMY
https://i.imgtc.com/l67Esf2.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. metro exodus is a beautiful game
  • Topic Archived