This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 5G - WiFi Warriors Ready?

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
2 months ago#11
daemon_dan posted...
Player_10 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Lol @ At&t "5g". They aren't pushing 5g speeds, they're just renaming their 4g network. I'm not making this s*** up

AT&T 5G Network First in the U.S. to Surpass 1 Gigabit Wireless Speeds.

> https://about.att.com/innovationblog/2019/03/1_gigabit_wireless_speeds.html

LOL linking the AT&T garbage

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/5ge-explained,news-29329.html
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Code 51 50

Code 51 50
2 months ago#12
zhenghan posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Player_10 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Lol @ At&t "5g". They aren't pushing 5g speeds, they're just renaming their 4g network. I'm not making this s*** up

AT&T 5G Network First in the U.S. to Surpass 1 Gigabit Wireless Speeds.

> https://about.att.com/innovationblog/2019/03/1_gigabit_wireless_speeds.html

LOL linking the AT&T garbage

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/5ge-explained,news-29329.html
Orestes417 - "Do it essentially one handed all the time. Granted, I have had entirely too much practice."

User Info: Dave_rawkzorz

Dave_rawkzorz
2 months ago#13
https://i.imgtc.com/AsEWrTu.jpg

I'll take my 5G(Hz) over the fake 5G wireless.
FD Meshify C | i7-9700K@5GHz | Z390 Aorus Master | 32GB Corsair LPX 3200 | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO | Asus STRIX 2080 | EVGA G+ 850W
EVGA SC17 6820HK @ 3.7GHz

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
2 months ago#14
daemon_dan posted...

The fake 5G is pretty easy to pick out, unless you're stupid. It says 5GE (though the E is a bit smaller) As an AT&T customer, it's rather annoying. That said, there aren't really many phones that can use 5G anyway.

Verizon has its own set of problems (mostly that it's still s***ty CDMA)
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

User Info: fohstick

fohstick
2 months ago#15
does 5G even improve ping times? If not, wired will always be better

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
2 months ago#16
Foxfire15 posted...
daemon_dan posted...

The fake 5G is pretty easy to pick out, unless you're stupid. It says 5GE (though the E is a bit smaller) As an AT&T customer, it's rather annoying. That said, there aren't really many phones that can use 5G anyway.

It's easy to pick out if you understand that the e actually means that it's not real 5g. Your average consumer won't, and a lot will go out and buy a 5g capable phone to leverage the 5g that... isn't real. It's pretty gross trickery on AT&T's end.

And yeah Verizon sucks ass but sadly they're the only provider that actually has signal everywhere that I go around here. Boy howdy is it greeeeat
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
2 months ago#17
daemon_dan posted...
Foxfire15 posted...
daemon_dan posted...

It's easy to pick out if you understand that the e actually means that it's not real 5g. Your average consumer won't, and a lot will go out and buy a 5g capable phone to leverage the 5g that... isn't real. It's pretty gross trickery on AT&T's end.

And yeah Verizon sucks ass but sadly they're the only provider that actually has signal everywhere that I go around here. Boy howdy is it greeeeat

All providers suck. I have AT&T, work uses Verizon. They might have service everywhere (Honestly AT&T is fine too here), but because they can't actually carry data and voice at the same time, they cheat it using "HD calling" which really just uses your data for voice, presenting the illusion of such. This is great, until you get somewhere with mediocre signal. Then, it's one or the other, or both suck balls. Makes supporting my field guys a PITA.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
2 months ago#18
daemon_dan posted...
It's pretty gross trickery on AT&T's end.

It's, also, nothing new. This has been a thing since #G advertising came in to being, and isn't exclusive to AT&T. It's pretty much standard practice in that market because consumers love buzzwords and incorrectly thinking they're smarter than they are, which the "technical" meaning behind the #G buzzword plays right in to. Anyone lauding on about it can easily be dismissed as an idiot, and rightfully should be.

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
2 months ago#19
DivineWraith posted...
daemon_dan posted...
It's pretty gross trickery on AT&T's end.

It's, also, nothing new. This has been a thing since #G advertising came in to being, and isn't exclusive to AT&T. It's pretty much standard practice in that market because consumers love buzzwords and incorrectly thinking they're smarter than they are, which the "technical" meaning behind the #G buzzword plays right in to. Anyone lauding on about it can easily be dismissed as an idiot, and rightfully should be.

Where did I say it was exclusive? Where did I say it was new?
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: Pox

Pox
2 months ago#20
fohstick posted...
does 5G even improve ping times? If not, wired will always be better

I've seen 15-20ms ping times which is pretty damn good, but then again I wouldn't trust anything they say.
Hokay so, here is ze Gamefaqs...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 5G - WiFi Warriors Ready?
  • Topic Archived