This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How likely is it that next gen consoles match the performance of a GTX1080ti?

User Info: KINDERFELD

KINDERFELD
1 month ago#1
Keeping in mind the price point of $400-$500 for next generation consoles, how likely are they to be as powerful as a gtx 1080ti in 2020?
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps

User Info: Naysaspace

Naysaspace
1 month ago#2
100%.
NHLB Saturday Picks: https://goo.gl/1MeMQg
Playoff Spreadsheet TEST: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AmIZ0syZBSXdgUT9or1hrZdZ0EF4

User Info: KINDERFELD

KINDERFELD
1 month ago#3
Naysaspace posted...
100%.

So you're expecting next gen to be more than double the specs of a 1X all for $400-$500?

I think the performance level of a gtx1080 is more realistic for next gen consoles.
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
1 month ago#4
KINDERFELD posted...
So you're expecting next gen to be more than double the specs of a 1X all for $400-$500?

I think the performance level of a gtx1080 is more realistic for next gen consoles.

I would expect the ps5 and next xbox to be 12tflops or more.. The xbox will for sure, but the ps5 might only be 10... That means they will be more powerful than 1 1080ti and the 2080ti will just be slightly better, depending on how well games are optimized..
Combo Master

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
1 month ago#5
Combo Master posted...
KINDERFELD posted...

I would expect the ps5 and next xbox to be 12tflops or more.. The xbox will for sure, but the ps5 might only be 10... That means they will be more powerful than 1 1080ti and the 2080ti will just be slightly better, depending on how well games are optimized..

Why do you think the xbox will be more powerful?
fair and balanced

User Info: AfterFortune

AfterFortune
1 month ago#6
just recently there was a leak for the Xbox Anaconda (the high end 4k one) which suggests it will be ~Vega 56

Probably in a few years when they've optimized performance for the console and squeeze everything they can out of it, it will peform around 1080 Ti level, but the actual hardware is weaker
steam is malware

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
1 month ago#7
Very likely

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#8
Depends when they come out and what the market is like then.
They'll pack in a mid-range GPU of that generation.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Freeman9800

Freeman9800
1 month ago#9
It's not about being as powerful because it doesn't need to be. Consoles have way less overhead on their operating system's for games to run better. If it has a Ryzen and Vega graphics it has the possibility to look better than any pc game right now.
I7 4790K@4.0 - 24GB DDR3 1600 - MSI 4G 290X - Green C70 Case - 120 850 PRO SSD - 3TB Seagate Barracuda

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#10
Freeman9800 posted...
It's not about being as powerful because it doesn't need to be. Consoles have way less overhead on their operating system's for games to run better. If it has a Ryzen and Vega graphics it has the possibility to look better than any pc game right now.

That only really makes a big difference on the CPU side of things, which is why consoles tend to outperform similar-specced CPUs(a 2ghz 8core Bulldozer, for example, would be faster than current any console CPU) by quite a bit, but often perform more or less right in line with the most comparable mid-range GPUs, sans a few oddball effects or some wonky scaling.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How likely is it that next gen consoles match the performance of a GTX1080ti?
  • Topic Archived