This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So with hdmi 2.1 on LG's OLED tv's this year and probably all tv's next year....

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#31
AfterFortune posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...
AfterFortune posted...
Voxwik posted...
TwoDat posted...
HDMI 2.1 for only 4k resolution? Lol, what a waste.

It's a standard, so what exactly is "wasted?" By that logic optical drives should have their own special connectors instead of using SATA.

In any case, most TV input lag is due to image processing and not the connection. Terrible design doesn't let the user turn that off in some cases. I think one of the worst design trends is "automatic" or "on" for features, or worse only "automatic" so our Sony TV can periodically ignore our Sony brand soundbar randomly.

HDMI 2.1 has a feature called Quick Frame Transport which is supposed to reduced input lag. By how much I have no idea

The Xbox One X console is supposed to support 2.1 HDMI already allowing it to support features like the Auto Low Latency Game mode(which reduces input lag), and Free Sync(to reduce tearing). I have it connected to my 4K TV along with my gaming PC.

https://referencehometheater.com/2018/commentary/xbox-one-x-auto-low-latency-mode-in-use/

Using a Samsung NU8000 TV, when Auto Low Latency game mode is enabled, with a 1080p signal the input lag falls from 72.5ms down to 18.1ms. That is over 3 frames of a game when playing at 60 frames per second, which can make a huge difference in the quality of play on certain games. With 4K HDR signals, the input lag falls from 57.5ms down to 18.4ms, which is still over 2 frames of difference. This improved input response makes any action game easier to control and play than when the input lag is higher.

Yeah 18 ms is awesome. I know the Xbox One X supports ALLM and Freesync, but I'm not sure if the One X or any HDMI 2.0 TV supports QFT which apparently additionally reduces input lag by another few ms. LG is claiming their 2019 OLEDs are down to 13 ms

MS has never mentioned the Xbox One X supporting QFT, so I don't know either, but it is supposed to support many of the 2.1 HDMI features moving forward, so maybe it will.

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
1 month ago#32
Which HDMI are you using @Combo_Master ?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

User Info: triple s

triple s
1 month ago#33
Combo Master posted...
triple s posted...
I came so close to holding off these sets but I settled with a B8 since I didn't think I'd be playing a bunch of games that can actually support that full framerate. I should have waited but I f***ing love my B8. Barely play my 165hz Gsync monitor because of it.

That was a dumb decision because even the next gen consoles will probably support 4k 120fps. Most games probably won't be though, but i'm sure some will.

The C8 is a better tv than the b8 in every area though. Better processor, better brightness, better color,better motion, better up scaling. You do you though... PIMPIN....

Wow, people like you are a good reason why I stay away from this s*** hole. Just about every review between the two says the TV's aren't that different and I'm sure not upset playing games on my B8. Your version of "better" doesn't include the price difference which was a major factor seeing at I was able to get a B8 for $300 cheaper than any place I've seen it on sale for the last six months why was about $500 less than I could find a C8 for. Obviously I researched enough to know that that the new OLEDs would support 120hz. Obviously I'm not dumb enough to believe new consoles are going to be running games at 4k/120fps when you still need $500+ graphics cards to run most newer games at 4k/60. Obviously if I say I'm not playing on my 165hz Gsync monitor that my 2080ti can easily handle, I'm satisfied at 4k/60. A few years from now, I'll upgrade my TV when I have something that can actually run games at 4k/120fps.
GT:Triple S 06 PSN: TripleS24
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
1 month ago#34
triple s posted...
Wow, people like you are a good reason why I stay away from this s*** hole. Just about every review between the two says the TV's aren't that different and I'm sure not upset playing games on my B8. Your version of "better" doesn't include the price difference which was a major factor seeing at I was able to get a B8 for $300 cheaper than any place I've seen it on sale for the last six months why was about $500 less than I could find a C8 for. Obviously I researched enough to know that that the new OLEDs would support 120hz. Obviously I'm not dumb enough to believe new consoles are going to be running games at 4k/120fps when you still need $500+ graphics cards to run most newer games at 4k/60. Obviously if I say I'm not playing on my 165hz Gsync monitor that my 2080ti can easily handle, I'm satisfied at 4k/60. A few years from now, I'll upgrade my TV when I have something that can actually run games at 4k/120fps.

stop your whining, the differences are there. whether or not the c8 would of been worth an extra $500 is something different, but you're acting like a dumbo saying the differences are very minor when they aren't. The new consoles will support hdmi 2.1, even if most games won't be 4k 120fps...
Combo Master

User Info: triple s

triple s
1 month ago#35
Combo Master posted...
triple s posted...

stop your whining, the differences are there. whether or not the c8 would of been worth an extra $500 is something different, but you're acting like a dumbo saying the differences are very minor when they aren't. The new consoles will support hdmi 2.1, even if most games won't be 4k 120fps...

Right, so I should go by your word rather than many reviews I went over before purchasing. If I knew about the 2019 models before getting the B8 as I clearly stated, you'd think you'd have enough common sense to think that maybe I did my research on the differences between it and the C8 rather than being an ass and trying to make me out as stupid for purchasing the TV I ultimately thought it was best for myself. The C8 is a little brighter and has the newer processor which really isn't as big of a deal as you're making it out to be. Don't act like I bought some s***ty entry level 4KTV. The part that flies over your head is I said I was happy about my purchase but you just felt the need to be a dick and give me your two cents that I surely didn't need.
GT:Triple S 06 PSN: TripleS24
Steam ID:triples22
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So with hdmi 2.1 on LG's OLED tv's this year and probably all tv's next year....
  • Topic Archived