This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So with hdmi 2.1 on LG's OLED tv's this year and probably all tv's next year....

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
1 month ago#1
How do you justify buying a 4k 144hz monitor? TV's have been able to do 1080p 120fps since 2017. I know 1440p 144hz monitors are popular, and a tv cannot replicate that resolution, but they lose quality when viewing 1080p video, and don't say they don't, because I know for a fact they do. They don't even scale properly when you want to lower the resolution in a game..

with hdmi 2.1, input lag will be as low as ever for tv's and the difference between 120 and 144fps is very small as well... Not to mention who plays games at 4k and always consonantly gets 144fps with no drops??? You would have to wait until gpu's are quite a bit more powerful and even when that happens, the difference doesn't f***ing even matter in reality...

TLDR... don't f***ing waste your money on a gaming monitor if you haven't bought one already... LG C9 77 inch for around $4000 next year, here I come!! K... thanks... Bye....
Combo Master

User Info: Lordrv

Lordrv
1 month ago#2
When do these new TVs come out and how much will they cost?

User Info: triple s

triple s
1 month ago#3
I came so close to holding off these sets but I settled with a B8 since I didn't think I'd be playing a bunch of games that can actually support that full framerate. I should have waited but I f***ing love my B8. Barely play my 165hz Gsync monitor because of it.
GT:Triple S 06 PSN: TripleS24
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#4
well we're finally getting to the point where resolution makes sense on dispays larger than 50" but you'll always get that PPI sweet spot.
The Infamous...
Forever's gonna start tonight.

User Info: AfterFortune

AfterFortune
1 month ago#5
pretty sad state of affairs when gaming monitors end up outclassed in every way by TVs
steam is malware

Combo Master
1 month ago#6
triple s posted...
I came so close to holding off these sets but I settled with a B8 since I didn't think I'd be playing a bunch of games that can actually support that full framerate. I should have waited but I f***ing love my B8. Barely play my 165hz Gsync monitor because of it.

That was a dumb decision because even the next gen consoles will probably support 4k 120fps. Most games probably won't be though, but i'm sure some will.

The C8 is a better tv than the b8 in every area though. Better processor, better brightness, better color,better motion, better up scaling. You do you though... PIMPIN....
Combo Master

User Info: DaidaHibana

DaidaHibana
1 month ago#7
Combo Master posted...
How do you justify buying a 4k 144hz monitor? TV's have been able to do 1080p 120fps since 2017. I know 1440p 144hz monitors are popular, and a tv cannot replicate that resolution, but they lose quality when viewing 1080p video, and don't say they don't, because I know for a fact they do. They don't even scale properly when you want to lower the resolution in a game..

with hdmi 2.1, input lag will be as low as ever for tv's and the difference between 120 and 144fps is very small as well... Not to mention who plays games at 4k and always consonantly gets 144fps with no drops??? You would have to wait until gpu's are quite a bit more powerful and even when that happens, the difference doesn't f***ing even matter in reality...

TLDR... don't f***ing waste your money on a gaming monitor if you haven't bought one already... LG C9 77 inch for around $4000 next year, here I come!! K... thanks... Bye....

Lot of us already said one don't need anything else other than 1080p 60hz.
Going above 1080p worthless because there are barely any video contect above full hd and scaling 1080p makes them look like vomit.
High Hz is a placebo as well, like "began playing 240hz monitor became unbeatable" sure...

User Info: Dredj

Dredj
1 month ago#8
What is this magical unicorn HDMI 2.1 and why does my monitor care?

Combo Master
1 month ago#9
DaidaHibana posted...

Lot of us already said one don't need anything else other than 1080p 60hz.
Going above 1080p worthless because there are barely any video contect above full hd and scaling 1080p makes them look like vomit.
High Hz is a placebo as well, like "began playing 240hz monitor became unbeatable" sure...

How is it worthless when pretty much any pc game from at least 2000 will be able to be played in native 4k? 240hz at 1080p is only worth it if you're streaming online games for money and need to get any edge possible, but it does make a difference. Don't quit your day job if you have one..
Combo Master

User Info: xKynOx

xKynOx
1 month ago#10
why would i want a TV ? people might think i'm an idiot who watches it.
I'm cheap
I5-4460 16GB DDR 3 ASUS GTX1060 6GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So with hdmi 2.1 on LG's OLED tv's this year and probably all tv's next year....
  • Topic Archived