This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Denuvo, the company that PC gamers love and pirates hate, comes Anti-Cheat

User Info: videogames1

videogames1
4 weeks ago#21
Solid Sonic posted...
If Valve was on OUR side they'd issue an ultimatum to devs saying if they want to release games on Steam, secondary DRM won't be permitted (secondary launchers are fine).

lol yeah that'll just make it easier for Epic to buy more exclusives. Why would they demand that when most people don't give a s*** about invisible DRM?

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
4 weeks ago#22
videogames1 posted...
Solid Sonic posted...
If Valve was on OUR side they'd issue an ultimatum to devs saying if they want to release games on Steam, secondary DRM won't be permitted (secondary launchers are fine).

lol yeah that'll just make it easier for Epic to buy more exclusives. Why would they demand that when most people don't give a s*** about invisible DRM?

Weenies who don't care about performance. Sad.

Even I, as a console gamer mostly, can appreciate when a PC game runs as it's meant to (or when Sonic Mania's executable drops to under 5MB with the removal of Denuvo).
I spent so much money and time trying to make DMC5 look bad and it still gets great reviews. Last time I'm doing that...

User Info: videogames1

videogames1
4 weeks ago#23
Solid Sonic posted...
videogames1 posted...
Solid Sonic posted...

Weenies who don't care about performance. Sad.

Even I, as a console gamer mostly, can appreciate when a PC game runs as it's meant to (or when Sonic Mania's executable drops to under 5MB with the removal of Denuvo).

Most people don't notice a negligible performance drop. How would they even know that there IS a performance drop, other than reading extensively into forums.

Let's be real here, the vast majority of the time, it makes very little difference (if any at all), and most people don't spend their time trying to find the cases where it does. That's mostly just pirates looking for justification towards hating on occasional, temporarily effective DRM.

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
4 weeks ago#24
SinisterSlay posted...
If this replaced the viruses Korean mmos used that would be great.
But we all know this tool is actually to prevent cheat engine being used to give free in game money and free microtransaction money in single player games.
Dragon Quest for Smash Ultimate!
Rest in peace, Stan Lee.

User Info: ganondorf77

ganondorf77
4 weeks ago#25
I will only buy games that don't have that system.
Bu!

User Info: ShinXagura

ShinXagura
4 weeks ago#26
FFT-Fan posted...
we all know this tool is actually to prevent cheat engine being used to give free in game money and free microtransaction money in single player games.
CFN: XaguraYiazmat (My life is Disgaea.)

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
4 weeks ago#27
ganondorf77 posted...
I will only buy games that don't have that system.
Dragon Quest for Smash Ultimate!
Rest in peace, Stan Lee.

User Info: FL81

FL81
3 weeks ago#28
MasterPoker posted...
Still not supporting anything made by the SecuROM devs. I prefer not to financially aid those who render my games unplayable due to DRM conflicts on newer versions of Windows.

I've never personally had any issues with games that use Denuvo, but I've had actual physical games I've purchased stop working because of SecuROM bulls***.
https://imgtc.com/i/uBYqPMK.gif https://imgtc.com/i/UAGNJFv.gif
https://imgtc.com/i/cBTnWgf.png https://imgtc.com/i/wdjM3F8.png

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 weeks ago#29
FL81 posted...
MasterPoker posted...
Still not supporting anything made by the SecuROM devs. I prefer not to financially aid those who render my games unplayable due to DRM conflicts on newer versions of Windows.

I've never personally had any issues with games that use Denuvo, but I've had actual physical games I've purchased stop working because of SecuROM bulls***.

Give it time. DRM is there to stop games from working. It'll eventually do it's job if you let it.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
3 weeks ago#30
Orestes417 posted...
Utinil posted...
A person playing the games doesn't benefit at all from them

You do realize what an anti-cheat is right? I'd sell your soul a dollar at a time for a well working and unobtrusive anti-cheat system in the online games I play. Granted that's a pipe dream and the gold standard will continue to be human server ops.

Utinil is making reference to the thread title and Denuvo's DRM.
fair and balanced
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Denuvo, the company that PC gamers love and pirates hate, comes Anti-Cheat
  • Topic Archived