This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. recommended CPU for Sekiro is the i5-2500k

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
4 weeks ago#11
BeatItUpRight posted...
I can still see an overclocked 2500k being viable in 5 years time unless you need over 60fps, those unlocked sandybridges are absolutely legendary chips.

AC: Odyssey would s*** all over a 4 core CPU. It pushes my R5 2600 to over 90% usage.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: Icewitch

Icewitch
4 weeks ago#12
GuitaristMatt posted...
but it's built in to the mobo. Does plugging in a card automatically override that (actually not sure)?

There's a display adapter built into your CPU but odds are you're using GPU for that.
^.^

User Info: Shah138

Shah138
4 weeks ago#13
ATARIJAWA posted...
Doesnt mean it will run it well.

It does. I get 60fps at 1080p and max graphics settings.

wildog2006 posted...
BeatItUpRight posted...
I can still see an overclocked 2500k being viable in 5 years time unless you need over 60fps, those unlocked sandybridges are absolutely legendary chips.

AC: Odyssey would s*** all over a 4 core CPU. It pushes my R5 2600 to over 90% usage.

Odyssey runs like s*** on my computer. I could see it in the teens at times.
Spectre of Dark Aether

User Info: x_stevey_x

x_stevey_x
4 weeks ago#14
ATARIJAWA posted...

that's exactly what recommended means

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
4 weeks ago#15
Not only does it run well, I'm running it on my UHD TV at 4K/60FPS, MAX SETTINGS. Barely ever skips a beat, solid 60FPS about 99% of the time.

i5 2500k @4.2ghz
16gb RAM 1600mhz
RTX 2080

I'm SO f***ing happy I got this for PC. This is basically one of the first times I hooked up my TV to my PC to play a game, since I got the RTX 2080, and it's performing better than whatever else I tried beforehand. I also got a longer USB cable for my Xbox One controller, to make sure using Bluetooth wasn't going to f*** with that like it did in AC: Origins when I tried it (my CPU was chugging so hard that the controller would choke to death every 10 seconds,) so it's all gravy now.

We can congratulare From Software for actually made a GOOD PC PORT this time? What?! (Although I guess Dark Souls 3 was alright, by any measure.)
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
3 weeks ago#16
...Although there are some issues with the game's optimization, but it's not exactly port related.

- 60fps lock
- A lot of people have screen tearing
- From Software is notorious for their frame pacing issues... but that issue plagues console releases just as much as their PC ports. So they don't actually improve much on console performance in that regard, but a "stable" 60FPS at least shows that the game can use the additional performance your PC hardware offers.

But at least it's relatively optimized for lower end CPU's.

I do wish they had expanded on the game's performance (i.e. unlock the framerate,) but I don't have monitors with higher than 60hz refresh rate. I imagine that could annoy people with one.
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
3 weeks ago#17
nice to hear its not cpu heavy and 2080 beasts the game at 4k. ill definately be picking this one up
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
3 weeks ago#18
ATARIJAWA posted...

So, they can recommend any cpu there is , and you're saying they're recommending a cpu that won't run it well.

Is that what you're saying?

I just want to make sure.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/naotachannel

User Info: Lordrv

Lordrv
3 weeks ago#19
My gtx 770 is woefully outdated, yet it still managed Resident Evil 2 fine. I wonder if it could handle Sekiro.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. recommended CPU for Sekiro is the i5-2500k
  • Topic Archived