This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. need a controller to pair with my laptop.

User Info: Boys_club

Boys_club
4 weeks ago#1
Hi, I'm trying to play metal gear rising on my laptop with a keyboard and mouse and I'm at a point in the game where its pretty much undoable without a proper controller so I need some opinions on a good controller "but not a steam controller because I cant stand the steam controller".

Thank you.
they say that I'm a player cuz I **** them badly I made that booty clap like I was Milton Bradley

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
4 weeks ago#2
Xbox One or PS4. Xbox One would be the most compatible. Also, there's some cheaper knockoffs that I feel are pretty decent.

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 weeks ago#3
PS4 controller works well with steam, but for some reason most games with native controller support give Xbox prompts. Pick whichever you prefer.
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | New 3DS | Wii | DS lite | GCN + GBP | GBA SP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
4 weeks ago#4
Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers are a safe bet because they're natively supported by Windows.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|8GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01

Boys_club
4 weeks ago#5
thanks for the replies.

is this a good one? I have windows 10

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-wireless-controller-wireless-adapter-windows-10-black/6185207.p?skuId=6185207
they say that I'm a player cuz I **** them badly I made that booty clap like I was Milton Bradley

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
4 weeks ago#6
Boys_club posted...
thanks for the replies.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-wireless-controller-wireless-adapter-windows-10-black/6185207.p?skuId=6185207

Yes, that will work, but if you don't need it to be wireless you can save a few bucks and just get the controller by itself and a Micro USB cable.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|8GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
4 weeks ago#7
Xbox One
Acts 2:38.

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
4 weeks ago#8
HeliosMagi posted...
Boys_club posted...
thanks for the replies.

Yes, that will work, but if you don't need it to be wireless you can save a few bucks and just get the controller by itself and a Micro USB cable.

Id do this. I kind of want to say that the XBone controller will also have a chance of working on a typical bluetooth dongle. Do your own research, Im lazy. The other version looks to be $50 at bestbuy with a cable
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

User Info: Shamino

Shamino
4 weeks ago#9
HeliosMagi posted...
Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers are a safe bet because they're natively supported by Windows.

^This. could be a lot of hoops to jump through to get a ps4 controller working
Nintendrone/Sony Pony/PC Elitist here...Sorry XBox, no need for you...

Boys_club
4 weeks ago#10
Thanks for all the responses

I’m probably gonna go with the Xbox controller

The plan is I’m gonna hook up my laptop to my Samsung tv hdmi and play at 1080p resolution

It’s not a related issue but my laptop gets really loud as the fans go on overdrive to try to cool it when I’m playing games on it and it starts to really heat up and I’m wondering if it’s dangerous to do this or maybe I need some sort of a laptop cooler

Thanks for all the replies
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. need a controller to pair with my laptop.
  • Topic Archived