This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. About that red dead redemption 2 AI....

User Info: konsolepeasant

konsolepeasant
4 weeks ago#1
So i have been hearing a lot of complaints about the AI kinda sucking in this game both when a fight breaks out or random npc gets easily triggered with the witness system being straight up unrealistic.Is the console's weak cpu what's being causing this,i'm not much of tech expert but in terms of cpu what improvements should be expected when red dead redemption 2 finally launches on pc.
SIGNATURE

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
4 weeks ago#2
Is this a troll topic? No, NPC behavior is not affected by console hardware. Rockstar did take some of the fun away from being a baddie.
Glorious 4K/Vive VR PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: konsolepeasant

konsolepeasant
4 weeks ago#3
protools1983 posted...
Is this a troll topic? No, NPC behavior is not affected by console hardware. Rockstar did take some of the fun away from being a baddie.

alright alright,i just thought maybe rockstar had no choice but to dumb down the AI so it could run properly on a years old hard ware.thanks for answering
SIGNATURE

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#4
protools1983 posted...
Is this a troll topic?

"USER INFO: KONSOLEPEASANT

Veteran
User Since: Jul 2018
Active Posts: 3
Total Badges: 0"

I'd say so.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#5
More people, raytracing, and 60+fps. My guess.
Intel 6700k, GTX 1080 8gig, 16 gigs of 3200mb of RAM.

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 weeks ago#6
captsplatter_1 posted...
More people, raytracing, and 60+fps. My guess.

Pretty much. Better graphics, of course, sharper textures and shadows, and probably longer view distances.

But, the stupid AI will remain. (not that I know if it's stupid or not as I've not played the game)
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: Insaan

Insaan
4 weeks ago#7
No Rockstar just sucks at making good gameplay. Their expertise has always been in making games that let you do a lot of things but poorly.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. About that red dead redemption 2 AI....
  • Topic Archived