This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to improve your in-game ping?

User Info: Real_Account

Real_Account
4 weeks ago#1
I normally get 100 - 130 ms ping. But when someone in my family stream/watch video, my ping increased to 230 ms ping and thus make certain games laggy & unresponsive...

Is there a way to improve my ping so that even when someone in my home watch or stream something it wouldn't suffer as much?

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
4 weeks ago#2
Qos my boiiiiiii qos

Set it up on your router or internet gateway

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
4 weeks ago#3
QoS. Better connection. Possibly different ISP. There are a ton of factors related to ping, and what affects your ping can differ from game to game. Heck, the quality of the servers and where they're located has a big effect.

If you're not wired, do that first.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

User Info: Real_Account

Real_Account
4 weeks ago#4
Im connected directly to the gateway via Ethernet cable. I'm using Google Fiber.

User Info: Lucavi000

Lucavi000
4 weeks ago#5
just cause you got google fiber doesnt mean anything.

Clearly you have s***ty bandwidth if your ping doubles or more when someone is streaming.
"Doesn't matter, still obtainable. You were wrong, simply admit it and apologize for your ignorance and s*** attitude." - Firemage7777 to SuperZay
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to improve your in-game ping?
  • Topic Archived