This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm really considering going PC only next generation

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
4 weeks ago#41
Insaan posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...
Insaan posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...
Monopoman posted...
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
I've been pc/nintendo for a while now.

Unfortunately you just can't get nintendo games on the pc.

Well you can't get Sony games on PC either, its seems the only console manufacturer that actually puts out most of their games on PC is Microsoft.

That is not true. Except for the latest games, many of Sony's older exclusives(including some from this gen) are available on PSNow which you can access on PC or via emulators. The Quantic games exclusives including Detroit Become Human are also about to be offered on the Epic website on PC. Eventually all the newer exclusives will also be made available on PSNow on PC.

MS also owns the Windows OS platform on PC so basically they are offering their games on their own platform on PC and not just on Xbox One. They have been publishing PC games(MS Flight Simulator) long before even the Windows OS existed.

Yeah Sony will offer their games on PC after they feel those specific games are no longer driving console sales which is pretty smart. I’m sure by the time PS5 comes out and they no longer care about selling PS4s they will put all the PS4 exclusives on PSNow. If you don’t mind waiting 4-5 years to play a game then there’s no point in buying consoles...

I have thousands of games on steam. It will take a long time for me to get to the major games in my backlog much less the few games that Sony keeps exclusive. I can wait. There are plenty of multi-platforms(majority of games) to keep me busy, including hundreds of PC exclusives(from RTS to grand strategy to MOBA and flight simulator games) that are currently not available on consoles.

Besides with the advent of live streaming, I think that Sony will eventually need to release their exclusives early. Otherwise they eventually will lose out on the billions of non console gamers on mobile, PC, smart phones, tablets, etc. that Google, Microsoft, Apple and Amazon are maneuvering to try gain a market share in.

With the advent of streaming we don’t need gaming PCs anymore either since we will just be able to stream 4k60fps to out toasters anyway. Streaming is exactly what console companies want as they never made big profits from the hardware anyway. Also streaming will affect us PC gamers who enjoy the openness of this platform as streaming will take away any semblance of control from us. No more mods!

I don't mind streaming. After trying Google's Project Stream AC Odyssey trial, I thought it was viable, but I think not everyone would have the data cap and internet infrastructure to be able to use live streaming, so consoles with disc players and PCs with hard drives will still be the norm for the next decade at least.

User Info: MrDude1

MrDude1
4 weeks ago#42
thegreatsquare posted...
I'm going the opposite way. PC gaming is becoming very fractured with exclusives and a half-dozen game launchers and counting. I'm better off grabbing a console or two and just a cheap laptop for the games I have now and streaming from consoles once in a while.

The days of the PC master race are ending.

Someone who plays only on pc are not master race. The only master race are people who can play everything regardless of platform.
Asus MX27AQ | Razer Ornata Chroma | Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 Ghz E7400 | Zoltac GTX 1050 2GB VRAM | 4 GB DDR2 Mushkin RAM | BFGR550WGSPSU

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#43
MrDude1 posted...
The master race is whatever niche I feel like I fit into so anyone who doesn't fit I can exclude
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |

MrDude1
4 weeks ago#44
Sir_Haxor posted...
MrDude1 posted...
The master race is whatever niche I feel like I fit into so anyone who doesn't fit I can exclude

Disclaimer. I didn't write that.
Asus MX27AQ | Razer Ornata Chroma | Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 Ghz E7400 | Zoltac GTX 1050 2GB VRAM | 4 GB DDR2 Mushkin RAM | BFGR550WGSPSU

User Info: XDummyX

XDummyX
4 weeks ago#45
MrDude1 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
MrDude1 posted...

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
4 weeks ago#46
Why spend money on consoles just to play a handful of "exclusives" when you can spend that money on your PC and make it even better? Instead of buying a Playstation, upgrade your GPU. Instead of buying a Switch, buy a VR headset. Now instead of playing a slightly higher number of flat games you're playing games that are an entirely new and unique experience.

Kharillle posted...
Can any console handle VR? I'm holding back, was looking at some dell i7 thingy, then now I'm considering an i9 whasisname. real technical stuff. Looks like if you're going into VR you'll need some real hot machine...

You don't need a "real hot machine". A mid-level gaming PC can do VR just fine. I'm running an i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz and a 1070 and I can run VR perfectly fine with some supersampling to boot. Next gen consoles can likely do VR just fine but the question is, "will they implement it well?". PSVR is being held way back by using recycled PSMove hardware for a tracking solution. I suspect going forward consoles will want to use inside-out tracking which will be a lot better but not quite as perfect as the external sensors you get with Vive or Rift.
Beat Saber [VIVE] - Ambiguous by GARNiDELiA (Kill la Kill OP2)
https://youtu.be/OAA16kO_nHg

User Info: Perfect Light

Perfect Light
4 weeks ago#47
I will always need Sony and Nintendo exclusives. Spider-Man and God of War were fantastic.
You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

User Info: ShinXagura

ShinXagura
4 weeks ago#48
Only PC. (That's all I need)
CFN: XaguraYiazmat (My life is Disgaea.)

MrDude1
4 weeks ago#49
XDummyX posted...
MrDude1 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
MrDude1 posted...

MrDude1 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
MrDude1 posted...

Disclaimer. I didn't write that.

User Info: PinaColada

PinaColada
4 weeks ago#50
Sir_Haxor posted...
MrDude1 posted...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm really considering going PC only next generation
  • Topic Archived