This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Pc community is so confusing..

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
4 weeks ago#71
jky7702 posted...
Dude youre arguing with people on Valves payroll here.

I'm still waiting for Big G to send me my trading card pension in the mail.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Perfect Light

Perfect Light
4 weeks ago#72
Pokenub posted...
AloysLoofah posted...
It's not about Epic selling games it's the way they are going about it. If you can't see that you're either a troll or part of the problem.

By offering things to consumers for cheaper? Yes exclusivity sucks.. When there's a purchase cost. If your HD is too small to hold more than one launcher, then perhaps look at getting a job?

How are they offering things to consumers for cheaper??? Watch Dogs 2 is $59.99 on Epic and $8.99 on Steam and $9.00 on uPlay. Epic is offering a 2 year old game for full price.
You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#73
GM_ posted...
Gamers are nothing but a bunch of whining manchildren these days. I actively try to distance myself in social groups who get asshurt over Steam and Epic, etc. Diablo immortal.

The problem is you're conflating the attitudes of a handful of vocal trolls in forums/comment sections online with all gamers. In reality, the vast majority of gamers really don't give a s*** about 95% of the stuff people gripe about on forums, they're too busy playing games.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: PrettyTonyTiger

PrettyTonyTiger
4 weeks ago#74
Pokenub posted...
Did Epic murder your girlfriend?

yes
https://www.gq.com/story/fortnite-ending-lots-of-marriages
i'm the best imposter
https://gfycat.com/BountifulHarmlessDungbeetle

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#75
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
Pokenub posted...
Did Epic murder your girlfriend?

yes
https://www.gq.com/story/fortnite-ending-lots-of-marriages

Should read "Fortnite addiction final straw in flawed marriages" or "Volatile marriages lead to video-game addiction as an escape". Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Fortnite, or neglecting responsibilities to play video-games, but that's just ridiculous click-bait.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#76
Pokenub posted...
Except it hides potentially good games via large amounts of excess junk.

It's Anti-Consumer, Anti-Developer AND Anti-Publisher.

The only group who benefits is Valve and the asset flipping community. But no, keep those Half Life sweat rags around, the game may release one day.

If you don't like things, don't buy them. I don't need any garbage strangled garden because people are too lazy to shop and want to tell everyone else what they can or cannot buy and sell.

I have no patience for control-freak nonsense.

User Info: good_mangorush

good_mangorush
3 weeks ago#77
>epic
>quality control

kek
The Truth Has Set Me Free!

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
3 weeks ago#78
JKatarn posted...
GM_ posted...
Gamers are nothing but a bunch of whining manchildren these days. I actively try to distance myself in social groups who get asshurt over Steam and Epic, etc. Diablo immortal.

The problem is you're conflating the attitudes of a handful of vocal trolls in forums/comment sections online with all gamers. In reality, the vast majority of gamers really don't give a s*** about 95% of the stuff people gripe about on forums, they're too busy playing games.

I've been involved in communities for many different hobbies. From guitar playing to recording, drone building and drone racing, hell even cross stitching.... gamers are the only community that behave like whiny entitled brats. I see literally zero of that in any other community i've been apart of.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
3 weeks ago#79
GM_ posted...

When were gamers on forums not complaining about stuff? There was plenty of complaining about Quake 3 and UT not having a campaign, Half Life 2 being delayed for a year, Deus EX Invisible War being dumbed down etc etc. Sometimes complaing actually changes things.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/03/17/yes-great-games-can-be-crafted-by-fan-complaints-and-responsive-devs/#3e0573693753

https://www.superoffice.com/blog/customer-complaints-good-for-business/
fair and balanced

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
3 weeks ago#80
Damaged7 posted...
JKatarn posted...
GM_ posted...

I've been involved in communities for many different hobbies. From guitar playing to recording, drone building and drone racing, hell even cross stitching.... gamers are the only community that behave like whiny entitled brats. I see literally zero of that in any other community i've been apart of.

No guitarists would complain if say for instance Fender became Sweetwater exclusive?
fair and balanced
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Pc community is so confusing..
  • Topic Archived