This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Valve shows off Steam UI updates (What you see may disgust you!)

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.pcgamesn.com/steam/steam-library-redesign

just kidding, not a fan but I've seen worse.
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: hokkendire

hokkendire
4 weeks ago#2
I actually like it.

But the bigger news is that networking api they are letting anyone use. That is some awesome stuff that even some top AAA devs can have issues doing.

Then you have indie devs whine about their cuts but have tools like this that could save them more then a 12% cut would give
| i7 7770K| MSI z270 M3 | 980ti | 16gb DDR4@3600| Oculus Rift
Steam: DatDudeCorks

User Info: sonic_c_tail

sonic_c_tail
4 weeks ago#3
Time to buy some ram sticks
DarkZV2Beta -No, because PS2 was garbage, and is the primary cause of the collapse of the Japanese game market in the mid 2000s. https://i.imgur.com/FMxcdHw.jpg

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#4
I don't have huge problems with the "library home" page or whatever, but the individual game pages look like they waste a lot more space for nothing from what I can see. :P

EDIT: And in looking at a blown up image (since that article doesn't show you the full size), yeah, the individual game pages seem to suck ass. They bury workshop stuff and things I'd actually use frequently below streams and stuff I don't care at all about (really trying to push their whole streaming crap), and below the "activity" section that tells me all the achievements I don't care about that friends earned and stuff. If they let you organize the layout of store pages to put stuff relevant to YOU up top, it's fine. If it's locked like that for every game though, yeah, it sucks.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Icewitch

Icewitch
4 weeks ago#5
It's not terrible. Definitely seems more "console like". Or Windows 8 like.

I hope they do something about Steam's biggest problem, though. Too much s*** to wade through to find things that are actually relevant.

I think they'd be better off looking at Amazon, frankly, more so than console stores. Valve could learn a lot from a retailer that has learned how to focus product that people are actually interested in despite having millions of things for sale.
^.^

User Info: 50inchDLP

50inchDLP
4 weeks ago#6
If they make it like this I will be done with Steam for good. I use it because I dont like Epic, etc launchers now they want to copy them. Trash.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -My youtube http://otrarchive.blogspot.com/2014/02/fibber-mcgee-and-molly.html -Best show ever

User Info: LiquidDee

LiquidDee
4 weeks ago#7
It's good that they are finally redesigning the UI, can't say I like it much but it's certainly an improvement.

I have a question though, why is Mirror's Edge Catalyst in the library? It's not available on steam.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#8
LiquidDee posted...
I have a question though, why is Mirror's Edge Catalyst in the library? It's not available on steam.

You can still add non-Steam games to Steam so you can run them from there and use the overlay...
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#9
KillerTruffle posted...
EDIT: And in looking at a blown up image (since that article doesn't show you the full size)

A different site had better pictures but I can't link to it or the thread would just become about the fact that I linked to it.

LiquidDee posted...

They also have Halo 4, which we know is coming in the MCC releases but not for a long while still, so either their "Add non-steam game to library" feature is going to get a lot better or Catalyst just got a soft announcement for Steam.
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 weeks ago#10
Eh, I don't really care what it looks like as long as it's easy to navigate. I'm sure any new setup will be a bit confusing at first and you'll just have to get used to it anyway.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Valve shows off Steam UI updates (What you see may disgust you!)
  • Topic Archived