This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sekiro already cracked and people are refunding their purchases.
(message deleted)

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
4 weeks ago#62
Deaddroth posted...
protools1983 posted...
ITT TC makes an assumption, treats it as fact and the board collectively loses its mind. In other words a typical day around here.

LOL so true,

I pre-ordered the game since it came to steam, didn't like it, so I refunded, doesn't mean I'm going to pirate the game,

Yeah, I'm about 1.5 hours in and hitting that refund limit in Steam.
It's just a bad game in my opinion. Controls are a bit clunky, movement in the game is unpolished.

Compare the attacks and movements to Hellblade and there's no competition. It's done much better in Hellblade. Hellblade is artistically much better in my opinion.

Let me just post some boss fight videos to compare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAqeCBNj6ZM

This is actually good. In Sekiro I found myself constantly being annoyed by the unpolished animation and dumb looking movements. -_-

==========

I contemplated refunding it but I think I'll just leave it. It is a different game than most of the other crap I'm used to seeing these days and it's more in line with what I like so I guess I'll leave it in my library to support the developers. But for now, I'm not even going to play it until I'm really bored and have nothing else to do. And they didn't use Denuvo so I'm proud of them for not being a Denuvo shill.

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
4 weeks ago#63
That sucks but thankfully From get most of their money from consoles.

Then again people refunding one of their games because it's not a casual easygoing game seems more likely.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: Deaddroth

Deaddroth
4 weeks ago#64
UnderwaterAir posted...
Deaddroth posted...
protools1983 posted...
ITT TC makes an assumption, treats it as fact and the board collectively loses its mind. In other words a typical day around here.

LOL so true,

I pre-ordered the game since it came to steam, didn't like it, so I refunded, doesn't mean I'm going to pirate the game,

Yeah, I'm about 1.5 hours in and hitting that refund limit in Steam.
It's just a bad game in my opinion. Controls are a bit clunky, movement in the game is unpolished.

Compare the attacks and movements to Hellblade and there's no competition. It's done much better in Hellblade. Hellblade is artistically much better in my opinion.

Let me just post some boss fight videos to compare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAqeCBNj6ZM

This is actually good. In Sekiro I found myself constantly being annoyed by the unpolished animation and dumb looking movements. -_-

==========

I contemplated refunding it but I think I'll just leave it. It is a different game than most of the other crap I'm used to seeing these days and it's more in line with what I like so I guess I'll leave it in my library to support the developers. But for now, I'm not even going to play it until I'm really bored and have nothing else to do. And they didn't use Denuvo so I'm proud of them for not being a Denuvo shill.

I agree with you, I love FromSoft and BB to me is the best game ever and only topped by MGS3, but in Sekiro I just couldn't get myself to like it and the attack animation was a big part of it, maybe for the first time playing a FromSoft game I felt like just skipping and didn't have that urge to explore every corner, combat was the real deal breaker for me I gave it couple chances and I really really tried to make myself to like it but I just couldn't shake of the feeling of the combat being more of QTE and it didn't feel satisfying,

The first time I requested the refund I felt bad because its FromSoft and canceled it after few minutes and tried to give it another go, 10 minutes in game and the game is just boring I just wanted to switch it off and go do anything else which is something that I didn't feel even when playing a game that I deliberately wanted to hate (DmC), I'll support the developer when they release games that I like (I have BB, DS 1&3 both physical and digital copies for PS4 and DS1&3 on Steam just for that reason, hell my PS4 pro is basically my BB machine),

User Info: Kconv

Kconv
4 weeks ago#65
I think its much more likely people are refunding because the game is too difficult for most players.

From needs to learn to make games for different skill levels.

One size fits all works for socks, not video games.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sekiro already cracked and people are refunding their purchases.
  • Topic Archived