This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sekiro already cracked and people are refunding their purchases.

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
4 weeks ago#1
This is f***ing bulls*** and exactly why Denuvo is needed. Anyone who says otherwise is a f***ing moron and part of the problem.

Remember when people said "remove Denuvo, I'll buy", yeah that just backfired on From Software. Now you can pray they have a big heart to keep PC ports day 1 next time.

Steam forums have been cancerous. Mods are removing threads that suggest people to refund and move to piracy.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Win 10 Pro | Vive Pro | PS4 Pro | The only Pro platforms for Pro gamers.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 weeks ago#2
People who only pirate games only ever pirate the games they play. Unless the gamne was available legit for $0 they won't buy it legit. So they're a lost cause from the start.

People who harp on Denuvo often just like to be involved with a hate bandwagon. They feel important, like they're part of a great uprising that makes them feel important. Especially when bad news happens to the thing they're rallying against and they pat each other on the back and say "Heh, we accomplished something somehow" See also the Epic store pushback.

Meanwhile those people who don't care about the politics surrounding games purchases who just want to give money and receive game will continue to do so. Denuvo or no Denuvo the game will sell about the same.

Also, let's have a special round of applause for those crusaders who want to defy Denuvo but don't actually want to put themselves out in any way by, you know, *not* playing the game they object to. So they throw their toys out the pram because of Denuvo and then pirate the game, thus cementing the reasons for requiring Denuvo in the first place.
"A cynic is what an idealist calls a realist."

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 weeks ago#3
People are refunding because a game was cracked? That sounds to stupid to be true.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
4 weeks ago#4
SinisterSlay posted...
People are refunding because a game was cracked? That sounds to stupid to be true.

It's almost as if pirated copies ARE a lost sale. Would ya look at that.
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
4 weeks ago#5
Activision PC games don't use Denuvo and get cracked a day before retail release.
Geforce RTX 2080 w/ 55" Sony 4K HDR OLED

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
4 weeks ago#6
Sekiro has Denuvo?

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
4 weeks ago#7
UnderwaterAir posted...
Sekiro has Denuvo?

No Denuvo.
Geforce RTX 2080 w/ 55" Sony 4K HDR OLED

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#8
UnderwaterAir posted...
Sekiro has Denuvo?

can you read?
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: samurai1900

samurai1900
4 weeks ago#9
Good thing it doesn't have Denuvo, because it allows me to buy it if I so choose, without harming my hobby.
Saving The Last Remnant, one step at a time - https://steamcommunity.com/app/23310/discussions/0/2906376154333740815

User Info: gnomekingclive

gnomekingclive
4 weeks ago#10
Denuvo doesnt stop a game from being cracked very long anymore. Pirates know this and wait the extra 2 or 3 days. Denuvo like all DRM only affect the paying customers.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sekiro already cracked and people are refunding their purchases.
  • Topic Archived