This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need Help Finding a Game that Suits Me.

User Info: SophisticatedB

SophisticatedB
4 weeks ago#1
So, cutting it short, I'm looking for a game to play. I've been looking through Steam and such for one, but end up empty handed, and I hope I don't end up sounding too greedy.

The game needs to be and RPG with a tight leveling and character building system.
It should be open world, very non-linear in it's style, were there is still a story (Sort of like The Witcher 3, which is mostly the kind of game I'm looking for).
And finally, a base-building system. And I don't mean like in Fallout 4, where you make a settlement, or Skyrim where you can buy several houses and upgrading them. Sort of like Red Dead Redemption 2's and Assassin's Creed 3's (never thought those 2 would be mentioned in the same sentence), where there is only one central hub/base, that can be upgraded and fixed up to allow purchase of better things. But the base doesn't HAVE to be the hub, it could be unlocked later on, like in BOTW's house, but more expansive than just a couple of upgrades needing wood and rupees.
And naturally it needs to be 3D

So basically, Red Dead 2 and Assassin's Creed 3's Base Upgrading x The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt's non-linearity.

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#2
Base building alone is rare enough in RPGs, I'm not sure what you're looking for exists. Maybe it will once you help create it?
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: SophisticatedB

SophisticatedB
4 weeks ago#3
I know it's rare, and I have been learning code (Unreal Engine) to try and make it, but as a single high school student, it's hard to make a game as visually appealing and grand as The Witcher 3.

User Info: l337Bossman

l337Bossman
4 weeks ago#4
If you take out the 3D requirement you’ll open a lot of doors. The best RPGs are not 3D.
i9 9900k | 2080 Strix | 32 GB 3200 Ripjaws | Define R6 | Noctua u14s | Gigabyte Aorus Ultra

User Info: ThisIsAKnoife

ThisIsAKnoife
4 weeks ago#5
kingdom come: deliverance

the base to upgrade is dlc, but you’re required to do more than just supply money (have to find butchers/traders/merchants to supply the town). only game i can think of that fits all your criteria.
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
4 weeks ago#6
ThisIsAKnoife posted...
kingdom come: deliverance

the base to upgrade is dlc, but you’re required to do more than just supply money (have to find butchers/traders/merchants to supply the town). only game i can think of that fits all your criteria.

You could also try AC Odyssey if you don’t mind ship building instead of base building
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: HackedtoPieces1

HackedtoPieces1
4 weeks ago#7
Metal Gear Solid V/Survive

Vampire the Masquerade-Bloodlinesw/mods (no real base building though)
In the middle of the track is ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#8
AndreLeGeant posted...
You could also try AC Odyssey if you don’t mind ship building instead of base building

The ship upgrades don't really play any role at all in expanding your abilities or anything though - they just make your ship better at ship combat. Not sure that's what he wants at all.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
4 weeks ago#9
KillerTruffle posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...

The ship upgrades don't really play any role at all in expanding your abilities or anything though - they just make your ship better at ship combat. Not sure that's what he wants at all.

I don’t remember AC2 being different.
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: Naysaspace

Naysaspace
4 weeks ago#10
Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne
NHLB Saturday Picks: https://goo.gl/1MeMQg
Playoff Spreadsheet TEST: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AmIZ0syZBSXdgUT9or1hrZdZ0EF4
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need Help Finding a Game that Suits Me.
  • Topic Archived