This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. does google stadia have the potential to replace pcs

User Info: No Tolerance

No Tolerance
4 weeks ago#51
My coworker has access to Google Project Stream. We loaded up Assassin's Creed Odyssey on one of our office computers using Chrome and played it for a while.

It looked great, but the latency was unbearable, lol. It's cool as a concept, but hardly practical.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
4 weeks ago#52
Why didn't Onlive kill PCs?
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|8GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#53
HeliosMagi posted...
Why didn't Onlive kill PCs?

OnLive actually sucked, including performance-wise, in addition to all the drawbacks of a subscription streaming service.

At least Google's service actually performs solidly for a streaming service, so the only thing they really have against them is all the other drawbacks of streaming - not owning or having any control over your games, good internet required, dependency on server and internet stability, etc.

(EDIT: I still don't see Google's service killing PCs, of course, if that wasn't clear...)
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#54
They just gave more detail on it. Apparently on their tests they were able to get 1080p/60fps on a 25mbps connection. They said 4k will be doable on 30mbps, which seems like an oddly small increase for such a large jump in framerate, but who knows. As people have said it apparently wasn't even working all that great so I don't know what their excuse is if they've been able to get 1080p/60 on such a low connection speed.
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: chrono625

chrono625
4 weeks ago#55
yohabroha posted...
They just gave more detail on it. Apparently on their tests they were able to get 1080p/60fps on a 25mbps connection. They said 4k will be doable on 30mbps, which seems like an oddly small increase for such a large jump in framerate, but who knows. As people have said it apparently wasn't even working all that great so I don't know what their excuse is if they've been able to get 1080p/60 on such a low connection speed.

Not buying it until this is done on a larger scale.
http://i.imgur.com/Rqk1DYV.gif - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
4 weeks ago#56
KOTRwhoops posted...
No yet.

160-188ms latency.

Sorry if I missed it, but I was busy these days and couldn't catch up on all of this.

Is that a confirmed number or?
Because anything above 80 is really noticable for me and there's no way I'd play with such high latency.

User Info: Crenlar

Crenlar
4 weeks ago#57
CourtofOwls posted...
for the people that only want to play fortnite or apex or DOTA/league...yeah,it should
for someone such as myself that has 291 mods active for fallout 4...no

Streamers of competitive mp games would be at a disadvantage to those playing it on their own hardware. Input lag.
fair and balanced
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. does google stadia have the potential to replace pcs
  • Topic Archived