This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. does google stadia have the potential to replace pcs

User Info: big_pimper

big_pimper
1 month ago#1
just get a 4k monitor and boom you streaming 4k games no need for 2k graphics cards
Taylor swift crew Selena Gomez crew robin sparkles Pokimane crew

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#2
Highly unlikely, and definitely not in the immediate future. It's certainly possible someday, but not gonna happen any time soon.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: MacrossSpecial

MacrossSpecial
1 month ago#3
Why didn't the Nvidia shield kill PCs?

Why didn't any of the other streaming services kill PCs?
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll

User Info: -CJF-

-CJF-
1 month ago#4
I don't think that's likely. People aren't going to want to give full control of their games to a streaming service even if the service is flawless. Plus internet requirements.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#5
I think I'm taking a safe guess by saying that the people with potato rigs don't tend to live in areas where high speed internet is readily available or can afford it even if it was. College students might be a general exception to that.
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018
(message deleted)

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
1 month ago#7
Hypothetically speaking, if it has sufficiently high performance, could it replace a PC for some users? *Maybe*. . . but I doubt Google is interested in pushing out a small niche of PC gamers, nor would they make a profit if that is all they did. Doubly so since PC gamers are probably the demographic most hostile to games-as-service, and most prone to already having ( and being willing to spend money on ) hardware.

User Info: TXGUY147

TXGUY147
1 month ago#8
Maybe not Stadia but game streaming is the future, not pc or consoles in the "traditional" sense. They will be extinct pretty much like record players and vhs players. Streaming is the future period once all the technology is ready. Kids growing up are ALL growing up with these streaming and subscription based services not physical products like using walkmans, dvd or vhs players, record players like many of the older generation grew up on.

User Info: anon_fire

anon_fire
1 month ago#9
Google hasn't given enough information about the Stadia.

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
1 month ago#10
for the people that only want to play fortnite or apex or DOTA/league...yeah,it should
for someone such as myself that has 291 mods active for fallout 4...no
[?]
"You can't create a monster and then whine when he stomps on a few buildings."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. does google stadia have the potential to replace pcs
  • Topic Archived