This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there alot of people who play fighting games on PC?

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
1 month ago#1
I bought street figher 4 on pc a couple years ago, but the player base was pretty small, so I ended up buying the PS3 version. I'm currently thinking of getting Samurai Shodown for PC, but I'd like to know if there's alot of people online on pc playing fighting games?
Favorite NFL Team: The Los Angeles Rams

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
1 month ago#2
Console game
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
1 month ago#3
It's growing on PC, but obviously PS4 has the biggest player base. More people use voice chat as well.

It's one genre of game I would love cross-play for.
We are Gamefaqs, opinions are prohibited.

supertecmobowl
1 month ago#4
fallen_acolyte posted...
Console game

It's not coming to PC? Are you sure?

supertecmobowl
1 month ago#5
The only games I play on PC is Dota 2 and heroes of the storm.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#6
just go to steamcharts.com and look up whatever game you want, provided it's on steam and doesn't use a 3rd party launcher that blocks the player count from this site's view
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018
(message deleted)

User Info: Kenny_Mayne

Kenny_Mayne
1 month ago#8
Theres a reason why all the big fighting game tournaments are played on consoles
Original #1 seahawks fan est. 2013. Not changing sig until they move the seahawks, mariners, sounders to Oklahoma City

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
1 month ago#9
Kenny_Mayne posted...
Theres a reason why all the big fighting game tournaments are played on consoles

That's also because it's easier to carry the consoles to the event and set them up.
We are Gamefaqs, opinions are prohibited.

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
1 month ago#10
supertecmobowl posted...
I bought street figher 4 on pc a couple years ago, but the player base was pretty small, so I ended up buying the PS3 version. I'm currently thinking of getting Samurai Shodown for PC, but I'd like to know if there's alot of people online on pc playing fighting games?

SF5 has crossplay. MK11 will probably have crossplay eventually the devs said. SF4 never had it and was a 9 year old game when you bought it and doesn't have many players on any platform.

If you're not a Capcom fighter or Tekken you aren't going to have sustained activity on any plarform beyond 1-2 years anyway. NRS games don't even live that long. Samurai Shodown is so niche it won't have many players.
I5-8400 | ASRock Z370M-ITX | GSKILL 16GB | ASUS GTX 960
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there alot of people who play fighting games on PC?
  • Topic Archived