This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the best way to scale up an image for a desktop backround?

User Info: tuch

tuch
1 month ago#11
yohabroha posted...
enhance

enhance

Damn it, I wanted to post that. :(
"Wrong again, idiot." ~ Prof. Farnsworth

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
1 month ago#12
Black_Assassin posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
http://waifu2x.udp.jp
Ignore the weeb name this actually works pretty well.

This for upscaling.

…which is exactly what TC wants to do?
i7 3820 | GTX 1070 | 16GB Samsung DDR3 | PCPC 600W

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#13
Snuckie7 posted...
Black_Assassin posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
http://waifu2x.udp.jp
Ignore the weeb name this actually works pretty well.

This for upscaling.

…which is exactly what TC wants to do?

Which is probably why he chose to quote that post and offer it a second vote in favor...?
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: BombermanGold

BombermanGold
1 month ago#14
KillerTruffle posted...
That's not exactly possible. When you're upscaling, you're literally adding data that doesn't exist. Different systems do it differently, but none are fantastic at it. You can't actually add detail that isn't there. Windows scaling a smaller image up is sort of on the low to mid range in terms of quality, and will result in some blur. Photoshop is a bit more sophisticated, and can make better guesses at what each "missing" pixel should show, but at the end, it's still going to be blurrier than the original image, because all *any* system can do is guess to fill in the blanks.

There are other factors too, like the ratio of the source image's resolution to the upscaled one, the complexity of the image, etc...

I know, I know...though then again, I was speaking from mostly using Photoshop, and even THEN, the most I'd blow anything up would be in small increments (though again depends on original image quality in the first place. Something already large up to something a bit larger by maybe a hundred pixels you could skunk away with okay enough).

Anything much more significant I'd rather just find a much larger image and scale it down accordingly.
"I will be your superhero!!!"
STEAM ID: BombermanGOLDEN
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the best way to scale up an image for a desktop backround?
  • Topic Archived