This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. To the people who game mostly with headphones...

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
4 weeks ago#51
Yewolife posted...
Jules Rules posted...
No Tolerance posted...
I've got mild tinnitus in my ears from loud music and gaming sessions. I can basically only hear the ringing in dead silence, but it's scared me enough that I never crank my headphone volume too loud anymore.

Tinnitus is no joke, most people who have it regret not heeding the warnings.

It's scary that its basically become a part of me now.

Dang forgot I had tinnitus to. Haha I've grown so used to it that its not something I think about unless I consciously choose to. Darn it now its going to take a couple weeks to stop paying attention to it lol.

My hubby is in the early stages of tinnitus but his is likely from his own ... thunderous snoring. I'm not joking. His snores can make my ears ring.

I think tinnitus is the bigger "risk" of headphones or loud noise vs. actual hearing loss (as in going deaf or something). Although it's possible some are just more sensitive to that potential than others. Not that I'm an expert of some kind. Even I get occasional bouts of tinnitus ringing for a few days here and there now and for 50 years I've almost never used headphones/earbuds, only been to a few loud concerts (when I was a kid), don't work with loud tools etc. But I do have a loud snorer for a spouse. :D

This one concert I was positioned close to the mega-stack of stage speakers and when I walked into the parking lot at the end it was like my ears were clogged with water for a couple hours. It's easy to shrug off when you're younger but yeah...the older you get the more paranoid and careful one tends to be about such. I don't want to spend the last 10 years of my life with a constant loud whine in my ears.
Nvidia Ansel is fun - https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/
Why are DisplayPort KVM's so expensive? Pfft.

User Info: Arishok

Arishok
3 weeks ago#52
I'm half deaf anyway so I don't care.
Inchu Inchu Beag Broggha.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#53
32x2z posted...
Boge posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Cancer will get me long before I lose my hearing, I'm sure.

Lucky.

As long as they keep making profit on cancer, it’ll never cease.

I bet you they have a cure already but keep it locked away.
Intel 6700k, GTX 1080 8gig, 16 gigs of 3200mb of RAM.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#54
Due to that nature of cancer, that is extremely unlikely. That's like saying there is a cure-all for data corruption, as a simple example.

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
3 weeks ago#55
captsplatter_1 posted...
32x2z posted...
Boge posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

Lucky.

I'd bet money as well they have a cure. Laetrile according to the UK (because USA is profit over human lives and dignity) can kill certain types of cancer cells. Some people claim CBD can inhibit cancer cells from growing. I will admit, giving people cyanide is a little dangerous, but hey so are the pesticides giving you cancer now.
R7 1800X|570 8gb 1500/8000|Freesync 7680x1080|16gb TridentZ|Focus+ Platinum 750|https://bit.ly/2UBHT5d| Rud3Bwoy Caught Scamming-https://i.imgtc.com/xBAjFf7.jpg

User Info: XDummyX

XDummyX
3 weeks ago#56
I have mild tinnitus and it f***ing sucks. I try to avoid headphones as much as possible and using headphones on PC is an extra pain in the ass because of every damn piece of media being louder or quieter than another to a far larger degree than songs on an ipod.

While deafness is also a horrific prospect, minor to mild hearing loss doesnt scare me nearly as much as worse tinnitus. I can handle what I have but I dont want it to get any worse than absolutely necessary. Plugs + Muffs when shooting and keep those q-tips out of your ears. Wish I took better care about music volume earlier in life...

User Info: Lordrv

Lordrv
2 weeks ago#57
My older family never wore headphones and they're all deaf and dumb.

User Info: DrowWarrior

DrowWarrior
2 weeks ago#58
On the upside, traffic noise and loud talkers won't bother me anymore. ;)
DW

User Info: Arishok

Arishok
2 weeks ago#59
DrowWarrior posted...
On the upside, traffic noise and loud talkers won't bother me anymore. ;)

That's some positive thinking right there.
One by one they follow me, laughing, drowning in the sea.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 weeks ago#60
32x2z posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
32x2z posted...
Boge posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

Lucky.

I'd bet money as well they have a cure. Laetrile according to the UK (because USA is profit over human lives and dignity) can kill certain types of cancer cells. Some people claim CBD can inhibit cancer cells from growing. I will admit, giving people cyanide is a little dangerous, but hey so are the pesticides giving you cancer now.

So is bombarding you with radiation.
Intel 6700k, GTX 1080 8gig, 16 gigs of 3200mhz of RAM.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. To the people who game mostly with headphones...
  • Topic Archived